User Tag List

Thread: How to: Remove dent and minor scratches

Default How to: Remove dent and minor scratches

Hey guys,

Anyone know how to get rid of a few minor scratches and dents? Idiot mother decided to reverse into it.

I've got a dent remover but it doesn't seem to do the trick, funnily enough....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	8278

Cheers!
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

PDR should get the dent out in the panel - paintless dent removal place should be able to do it.

the bumpers a different matter - looks like it's gone through to the plastic, taking the paint off, which means possible respray.

How much is a respray gonna cost me?

Not sure of the difference between front/rear gen 1 vs gen 2, but for front bumper, bonnet & wheel guards, I was quoted at $500ish for my gen 1, figure you'll be up for something similar

I paid 600 for respray and new bottom lip for the front bumper.
    Last edited by guitar69; 19-04-2011 at 09:29 AM.

I think I'm going to cry...

You might get away with a partial bumper re-spray - cost me $300 in Melb - he came out to site, and did it in my car port.

I've had PDR done on my car too, cost me a slab (mates rates)

The challenge is the blending of silver paints - it's very hard.

Have a search on google and get in contact with a bumper repair person local to you, sure there would be someone in Perth who would do onsite bumper repairs.

That will need repairing / repaint.

I would estimate at least $500.