User Tag List

Thread: Magnetic fuel/Mileage Saver

1. Default Magnetic fuel/Mileage Saver

Anyone heard of these magnetic fuel savers that you attach to your gas line? Just wondering if they actually work? or if anyone has tried or using it now?

If you dont know what im talking about heres a bunch selling at ebay: MAGNETIC FUEL SAVER, Cars, Bikes, Boats, magnetic fuel items at low prices on eBay.com.au

you mean like the ones that peter brock was trying to sell?

it's a load of i would seriously doubt it does anything...
    NRMA Warning On Fuel Saving Device | 2008 Press Releases | NRMA Media Room | NRMA Motoring & Services
    NRMA agrees... dont waste your money, the biggest things you can do to save fuel are change driving style/turn off air con/music/get an aftermarket tune/etc
    magnets wont do a damn thing....

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Looking For A Miracle: We Test Automotive 'Fuel Savers' - Popular Mechanics

if it truly did work, car companies would have it as standard
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I've never used one but if it was that easy to save fuel wouldn't every car come with one built in?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    you mean like the ones that peter brock was trying to sell?

it's a load of i would seriously doubt it does anything..
    the Brock Energy Polariser is what he called it. I remember the furor very well.

It actually did a lot, just none of it positive

It was one of the major things that drove a wedge between Brock and GM (with GM refusing to endorse it and saying themselves that it didn't work). Ultimately the Energy Polariser was key in effectively killing HDT. That and Brock announcing the HDT Director after GM expressly told him to hold off until their testing was completed.

EDIT: Hey..... you can still buy them Bahahahahahahah! http://www.peterbrockfoundation.com...._id=41&pgid=7#

The really funny thing is that it'd be a hell of a collector's item in a few year's time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 18-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I hear rubbing your tires with Witch Hazel can... no wait, someone just told me that's old school remedy for pimples... bugger back to the drawing bord... one of my get rich quick schemes will work out eventually...

Jokes aside; they don't work... and I would dare say that most would be covered in disclaimers about their 'facts'.