User Tag List

Thread: First Look: New 2012 Subaru Impreza

Default First Look: New 2012 Subaru Impreza

First look: New Subaru Impreza

Subaru's new look Impreza, which will be unveiled at the 2011 New York motor show.
    Japanese brand Subaru has revealed the first picture of its newly designed small car.

Subaru has released the first official image of its new-look Impreza ahead of its full reveal at the New York motor show later this month.

The new Impreza will be making its debut just four years after the launch of the third-generation model but is understood to have been fast-tracked to address its predecessor's polarising styling and much-criticised interior quality.

The single profile shot suggests the new Impreza is staying relatively faithful - at least in terms of silhouette - to the Impreza concept shown at last November's LA motor show, though the production model is inevitably more conservative.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Subaru Impreza concept, which was unveiled at the 2010 Los Angeles motor show.
    The proportions of the Japanese brand's small car are vastly improved, while the shape is clearly more curvaceous compared with the model it will replace.

A more steeply raked windscreen rises into a swooping roofline, while the all-new sheetmetal brings a cleaner, crisper look to the body.

Flared wheelarches are also retained from last year's concept car and indicate even the regular models will carry muscular design cues usually reserved for the sportier Impreza variants - the WRX and STI.

Current model Subaru Impreza.
    The new Impreza is expected to be slightly longer, wider and lower, and offer a more spacious cabin.

"Major gains in interior design and refinement" are promised by Subaru's related press release.

Subaru says a number of new advanced features will be included on the model, which should go on sale locally some time later this year.

Optional features are likely to include the company's new EyeSight system that uses two cameras to alert the driver to a potential crash and even automatically stop the car to avoid an impact.

Engines will include a new version of the company's horizontally opposed 'boxer' four-cylinder, teamed for the first time in the Impreza with a continuously variable transmission.

Subaru has seemingly adopted the New York motor show as its unofficial home for Impreza unveilings. It revealed the current model there in 2007 and an STI sedan last year.

Subaru Impreza concept, which was unveiled at the 2010 Los Angeles motor show.

Subaru's new look Impreza, which will be unveiled at the 2011 New York motor show.

I personally think Subaru have lot the plot with car making designs....

Now....some comments that actually made me laugh...

Code:
    'All for the driver.' Yeah, if the driver is my mum.
    Code:
    Can only assume that Subaru are yet to discover that their head of design is sight impaired.
    Code:
    Good news - the designers from Sssssangyong have been poached by Soobaroo in an effort to improve the image of the company......

Get real guys! Do they not talk to their customer base? I love the ideas of the all-wheel drives of Subaru, but when all of that is wrapped up in an outfit made from rotting carcasses of old cars, it will never work.

Sack the whole design team NOW and put in place some talent. Preferably before the company enters into administration / bankruptcy from not being able to sell cars any more.
    My favourite:

Code:
    Take the existing Impreza, add a dash of Mazda6, a sprig of Lancer, mix together over a low heat, simmer for 12 months, and pour into a small motorshow-shaped bowl.
    Happy Motoring
    duglet

2. Default

was waiting for this to appear here, they totally stuffed the Liberty and the Outback and now have turned their hideous design tricks to the Impreza ... way to go Subaru

all hopes of ever going back to a subaru seem to have been clearly shot now

In other automotive news, owners of 06 STI's have had their vehicles appreciate by 100%

Do......not.......want

Mel, I was behind a new Liberty the other day. I almost crashed into the back of it because I was suddenly overcome with such a sense of apathy that I practically passed out.

True story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Do......not.......want

Mel, I was behind a new Liberty the other day. I almost crashed into the back of it because I was suddenly overcome with such a sense of apathy that I practically passed out.

True story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been driving a new Liberty (company car) for the last three weeks, as the wife has the R whilst her's is getting fixed, some things I've had to do every day.

1) Approach vehicle either blindfolded or with eyes closed. (Do not look at vehicle without sufficient visual protection)

2) Once inside perform temporary labotomy to endure severe effects of sensory deprivation from driving such a dull lifeless car.

3) Undergo therapy upon arrival at destination to purge negative effects of this driving experience.

Short version - stay the f*** away from this one
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Sound advice Shakes. I will be taking you up on that for sure

Wow... I wish there was a warning before seeing that. My poor eyes will never be the same.

Hello to the new bland toyota inspired subarus :P

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    i've been driving a new liberty (company car) for the last three weeks, as the wife has the r whilst her's is getting fixed, some things i've had to do every day.

1) approach vehicle either blindfolded or with eyes closed. (do not look at vehicle without sufficient visual protection)

2) once inside perform temporary labotomy to endure severe effects of sensory deprivation from driving such a dull lifeless car.

3) undergo therapy upon arrival at destination to purge negative effects of this driving experience.

Short version - stay the f*** away from this one :d

that car is NOT hornworthy

So so sad...clearly Subaru is aiming for a new market moving away from the traditional sports orientated audience.

Personally I like the pre 2000 models the most.