User Tag List

Thread: racing beat cat back

Default racing beat cat back

recently checked out Racing beat web site they have a cat back for the Gen1 mps sounded pretty good to me it seemed to have a deeper note than the corksport exhaust $525 US i can get a cat back done here in melb at performance exhaust ringwood for approx $870 i have no idea if the bolt ons are an intelligent choice or not any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. Default

Can you please re-read what you posted and post it again!

Did you say you can get a CBE from America for $525US (does this include shipping) or a custom CBE for $870?

From here it is a matter of what you want. Do you want performance? Sound? Bling factor?

Its fairly hard to stuff a CBE, its just some pipe and a free flowing muffler...

You need to tell us what you want from your car! What other mods do you have? What are your future mods?

sorry about the confusion
    dont post all that often
    $525 for the CBE from Racing Beat dont know shipping cost yet
    Just after a little bit of a performance increase
    I was under the impression just adding a free flowing exhaust would give you a modest increase
    Once warranty is gone maybe aftermarket tmic or fmic
    The custom cbe is about $870 here in melb

4. Default

A CBE will get you what you want.

The true performance gains will come from a tune and TBE along with some other supporting bolt ons.

I am an advicate of: TBE, TMIC (hyperflow looks nice while the ETS is proven), intake, tune (Ecutek or Standback). That could get you up to 230wkw

By all means get the CBE if thats what you want. I would save for a full TBE and tune.

Hey mate, Ringwood Performance would be the place to go for a Catback exhaust alot of mates have had good experiences there... I haven't personally but i think im just the bad case lol. But just say your looking for a better noise from the car cause they will try convince you to do a dump pipe which from the last time i was there was nearly 2k for full TBE...

Hard to say to make power cheaply from exhaust mod's isn't cheap but im not sure you gain that much power from cat back alone... Main power is from Dump Pipe which i'd get from 2XS from the forum, they aren't cheap but there a guaranteed power gaining product.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

CBE will give you stuff all other than noise on the Gen1. The factory CBE is fine for power, as others have suggested the dump pipe is where the power is available in the exhaust system, but that costs.

Crushers advice is good. Follow that if you have the $$$ to get it all done eventually, can be done in stages.

Like Crusher and Dan, save the cash for the Turbo back, or do it in stages like already mentioned. Like most would advocate do the DP first, it's the hardest to change, but gives you the best power gains. Then come back for the CBE if you think you need it.

I can't tell whether your a GENI or GENII owner (Tapatalk, no sigs), but don't expect any power gains from a CBE on a GENII. It's already a decent system flow wise, unless you want some more sexy noise out the back. The DP will give you a nicer, deeper note though.

2XS (Troy) does a DP, do a search on this forum, it's getting really good reviews. Importantly for GENII owners, it's running CEL free. If you're in Melbourne, I'm sure a OZMPSCLUB friendly performance house could install it for you.

Benefit from all these guys experience, I did, it's saved me a lot of dosh.

Good Luck.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Like Crusher and Dan, save the cash for the Turbo back, or do it in stages like already mentioned. Like most would advocate do the DP first, it's the hardest to change, but gives you the best power gains. Then come back for the CBE if you think you need it.

I can't tell whether your a GENI or GENII owner (Tapatalk, no sigs), but don't expect any power gains from a CBE on a GENII. It's already a decent system flow wise, unless you want some more sexy noise out the back. The DP will give you a nicer, deeper note though.

2XS (Troy) does a DP, do a search on this forum, it's getting really good reviews. Importantly for GENII owners, it's running CEL free. If you're in Melbourne, I'm sure a OZMPSCLUB friendly performance house could install it for you.

Benefit from all these guys experience, I did, it's saved me a lot of dosh.

Good Luck.
    Ringwood performance exhaust is the Melbourne OzMPSclub friendly exhaust shop... ! Lol
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

thanks to everyone for the advice
    crusher i think i will keep the mods mild
    i have enough trouble restraining my right foot even when its stock let alone with extra power avaliable
    I have decided to go with a custom cbe the shipping costs from the states is quite steep $280 even with snail mail

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Ringwood performance exhaust is the Melbourne OzMPSclub friendly exhaust shop... ! Lol
    I was the first MPS 6 to go there, they thought it would be nice and easy like a WRX. They sadly learnt what a bitch the MPS can be. Took them two full days to get my TBE installed. Now that I think about it maybe its just my car.... also took HP-F 2 days to tune the car because my maps were hiding.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    I was the first MPS 6 to go there, they thought it would be nice and easy like a WRX. They sadly learnt what a bitch the MPS can be. Took them two full days to get my TBE installed. Now that I think about it maybe its just my car.... also took HP-F 2 days to tune the car because my maps were hiding.
    It seems every company when they first come up against the MPS struggles. Both the shops I have used here had issues with tuning. The bitch just wouldn't play nice!