User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 3/6 Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs)

Default Mazda 3/6 Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs)

As I haven't seen them posted up before, I thought I'd create a thread linking to the Official Mazda Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for the 3 and 6

These are North American TSBs, but the majority if not all will apply to Aust/NZ

Mazda 3 TSBs: Finish Line / Rosenthal Mazda Parts & Accessories :: Mazda3 Bulletins

Mazda 6 TSBs: Finish Line / Rosenthal Mazda Parts & Accessories :: Mazda6 Bulletins

If you have any of the issues listed here, these TSBs can be used as proof of the issue when you ask the dealer to fix the problem for you.

Maybe these should be stickied?

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Nothing for the ridiculous rattle I have in my cars rear end =(

Checked the boot latch itself rattling against the metal loop catch?

That and the rear wing were what were the causes of my rattles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and yes. To both, more than once and comprehensively.

I'm also having that stupid rattle at the rear end, thought it was my led tail lights being too loose, so I tightened them and one of the supporting bolts snapped!!!

One more thing to fix

Sweet thread btw! Thanks!

I also had this bad rattle coming from the rear. Tried all the usual sources to locate but to no avail.
    After going back and forth to the dealer, it ended up being body flex from somewhere in the rear. I believe the spare wheel well.
    It ended up having to go to a panel beater to investigate and come up with a way to fix/stop it. I believe the solution was to weld a piece of metal to stop the body/panel flexing.
    Mazda had the car for a week. I don't now what it is they exactly did but I have never had the rattle again. (2 years now)
    I got the usual speel from Mazda that this was 1 of a kind and that they have never seen a problem like this before.
    2007 3MPS - Aurora Blue

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post

Sweet thread btw! Thanks!
    Cheers

I've spent hours tracking and tracing rattles from the interior boot of my car. The hardest one to pin down was the boot release. I initially thought it was the latch rattling against the metal hoop catch, but no manner of shaking the boot lid up/down/back and forth while it was close would produce the sound. It only happened when I was driving. Needless to say it was crazy-making

Eventually I worked it out. It was actually the latch itself. When closed against the hoop, the latch portion that the hoop clicks into has some play in it. If you open the boot lid, and use a good sized screwdriver to simulate closing the latch in place of the hoop, you can wiggle the screwdriver about and hear the clicking/rattling coming from the play in the latch itself.

I confirmed it by putting a rag between the latch and the hoop and closing the boot. I drove around for about a week like that to be sure. Have temporarily fixed it by wrapping the hoop in some electrical tape while I look for a more permanent solution.

The silence is heaven
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by ribaree View Post
    I also had this bad rattle coming from the rear. Tried all the usual sources to locate but to no avail.
    After going back and forth to the dealer, it ended up being body flex from somewhere in the rear. I believe the spare wheel well.
    It ended up having to go to a panel beater to investigate and come up with a way to fix/stop it. I believe the solution was to weld a piece of metal to stop the body/panel flexing.
    Mazda had the car for a week. I don't now what it is they exactly did but I have never had the rattle again. (2 years now)
    I got the usual speel from Mazda that this was 1 of a kind and that they have never seen a problem like this before.
    That is basically what I have concluded it to be caused by, there is simply nothing else left in the rear end for me to remove, prod or stick down.

Do we have updated links for the TSB's below ? They don't seem to work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    As I haven't seen them posted up before, I thought I'd create a thread linking to the Official Mazda Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for the 3 and 6

These are North American TSBs, but the majority if not all will apply to Aust/NZ

Mazda 3 TSBs: Finish Line / Rosenthal Mazda Parts & Accessories*::*Mazda3 Bulletins

Mazda 6 TSBs: Finish Line / Rosenthal Mazda Parts & Accessories*::*Mazda6 Bulletins

If you have any of the issues listed here, these TSBs can be used as proof of the issue when you ask the dealer to fix the problem for you.

Maybe these should be stickied?

Dan
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

nah it got closed down. Haven't found an adequate alternative

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bugger

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Google is my friend

Here are the Gen 2 - 2010 - Speed 3 TSBs - 2010 Mazdaspeed3 Technical Service Bulletins

They seem to stop after June 2011, so I suspect it's not complete (or there has been issues since then )

I'm still trying to find a more comprehensive resource.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection