User Tag List

Thread: MPS3 Bluetooth audio screen

1. Default MPS3 Bluetooth audio screen

Hi. Just got my MPS3 and am impressed with the mp3 streaming off my iphone4 through bluetooth. I thought the track info would appear somewhere on the dash - like the BT Audio screen but it's blank.

So what is the BT Audio screen for if it doesn't show anything while I'm playing music via BT?

Welcome

As far as bluetooth display in the Gen II, all it really does at this stage is phone functions. There's no audio display functionality.......currently

My understanding is that it's not an issue with the car, more the iphone and the version of AVRCP it supports. I'm fairly certain the iphone only supports version 1.0 at this stage (a recent addition to IOS) which allows for the steering wheel controls to be used (track fwd/back, pause, play etc).

AVRCP 1.3 is what allows metadata to be transferred (track info etc). I'm sure it will be released eventually in an Apple IOS version update but don't know when.

That's my understanding
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Don't know if this helps but I purchased a Mazda Blue Tooth adapter for my Ipod (not phone) after being told it would provide me with track display and control from the steering wheel (Gen 2 MPS)
    All it gave me was track forward and back from the steering wheel - no display. So it may not be an Iphone issue but rather the Mazda system. Mazda is no where near as sophisticated as Ford and Hyundai in the Iphone, Ipod department.
    Ended up purchasing an Ipod adapter from Mazda. The Ipod plugs in and sits in the glove box but I am sure you could have the connection placed anywhere you wanted.
    I get full track, artist and album display on the screen where average speed etc is normally displayed and abbreviated track info (not enough charactersd available for full display) where radio station is normaly display. Search functions ara provided throught disc and folder buttons on the centre console

The iPod Touch uses the same IOS as the iPhone, so it has the same Bluetooth limitations as the iPhone It's not the car

The Apple IOS only supports ver 1.0 of AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile). Ver 1.0 only allows play, pause, track up/down

AVRP Ver 1.3 is what's needed to display metadata (track info etc)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3647

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I have the same issue with my Nexus S so I think it might be a Mazda thing.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Android doesn't support AVRCP 1.3 either Andy

Current support for AVRCP 1.3 and above is limited to some phones in the LG, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, and RIM (Blackberry) range

http://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/listings.cfm

Put the phrase "Mobile Phone" into the search field

Select " End Product List (EPL) "

Click "Advanced Search"

Select "AVRCP - Target" from the Layer and Role list

Tick only "1.3" and "1.4"

This will give you a listing of all target handsets supporting AVRCP 1.3 and 1.4
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 13-04-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Well that's a fag, would of thought the new OS would of had that.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Yeap, Apple and Google are a fair bit behind the curve on this one. AVRCP Ver 1.0 support only came to Apple in IOS Ver 4 (less than a year ago)

I can't get definitive confirmation that current model Mazdas support AVRCP 1.3, however I have found a couple of examples of people using Sony Vaio laptops for bluetooth audio streaming and reporting track info being displayed on the Mazda screen.

If they're true, then the Mazda has Ver 1.3 support (can't display this track info without it)

Xperia Play... here i come!

10. Default

I am running iOS 5 beta 2 and it has AVRCP 1.3.
    It will not work with my 2011 Mazda Speed 3.
    The M.I.D (screen that shows avg. spped) just says "BT Audio". No track information at all

I am visiting family and I'm driving my grandfathers Lexus around and my iphone 4 sends the track information just fine.

Im really confused now.

Not sure.

Is the beta available for public download?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Mazda doesn't support it... >.<

FYI guys,

I was using my Old Samsung Omnia i900 when i got my car.

Blue tooth dispayed ID3 tags with no issues. This was on windows mobile 6.5....

Since getting a Iphone 4 however, its not displaying it.

So definitely not the cars fault.

?? really? i've tried like 4 phones that work with other cars but not the mazda.. samsung - sony x3 and blackberry..don't work for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    ?? really? i've tried like 4 phones that work with other cars but not the mazda.. samsung - sony x3 and blackberry..don't work for me..
    The common element here is...

me?... dam you Brad!

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk