User Tag List

Thread: Car alarms

Default Car alarms

So I am looking at getting an alarm for my car after yet another vandal attack on my poor car.

Does anyone here have one on there car? Any good names that I should be looking at?

Would a Sydney based installer be of any help???

It could be actually, as I have to get up to sydney at some point

Sorry Sorry Sorry it has taken so long to respond.
    Only stumbled on your response tonight.
    Gotta find a way of tracking posts.
    Anyway if you get to Sydeny I can highly recommend Espenian Car Alarm - Tony 0419997020.
    He is a perfectionist installer that contracts to a number of the well known car alarm companies.
    I had a "Mazda" alarm fitted when I purcheased my car and it stuffed up all of the locking options.
    FInally got Mazda to admit there was , at the time, no "Mazda" alarm made for the Gen 2 MPS.
    So I had the dealer remove it at their cost and refund my money.
    Tony fitted an after market alarm that is fully integrated with the car electrical system and supports the MAzda standard locking functions.
    Also modified the tile sensor and positioned it so that it actually works and monitors attempts to jack the car and remove the wheels.
    I tested the standard installation and you can jack the car until the wheel is 60 -70mm clear fo the grouind before it triggers the alarm.
    Good luck

5. Default

Does Tony have a website?
    Do u mind me asking how much that system cost Wal?
    I need an alarm for my car...

How will an alarm stop vandalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    How will an alarm stop vandalism?
    If it comes with a pair of snipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

8. Default

Where is your car being vandalised Graeme ?

Once at gordon, once at the airport. Got keyed in civic on time. Gets parked in a secureish spot at work during the day and hidden behind a shield of pugs at home.

Wont stop it, however an alarm at 120Db will indeed make me find out that something has happened to it and possibly see the buggers that are doing it.

No web site that I know of.
    My alarm is a Cobra.
    Tony is the installer they sent to do the work because I insisted that it did not stuff up the standard Mazda locking options.
    Took him a day to install but still at the standard Cobra price ($650).
    He installs for a number of the leading brands and can talk to you about the pros and cons of each.
    There is an add on option from Cobra that sends SMS message as well as sounding the car alarm.
    You need to have a pre paid SIM card for the car system and then it is programmed to send to your personal mobile. Just need to keep count of the messages so that you now when to replace it.
    However I think Tony would recommend other than Cobra if you decided to for the SMS type.
    I had made my mind up before he came to install and so he had no option that to proceed with the Cobra. Did a great jofb and as I said modified the tilt sensor so that it actually works.
    Wal