User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SPC rear camber arms for Mazda 3

Default SPC rear camber arms for Mazda 3

I'm planning to purchase some SPC camber arms (not clones which are welded) from the states for the Mazda 3 Gen 1, unsure if it will fit Gen 2. This will be for a PAIR and replaces the entire arm, i.e. they aren't camber bolts nor bushings.

EDIT: it seems that they will fit gen 2 as per their website and Justin's comment below (post #8)

Impressions of part installed

From factory there is already negative camber in the rear and only gets worse as you lower. Get better handling and increase tyre life by using the correct camber settings.

To avoid taxes and duties, the order will be kept below AU$1000, so I am ordering 4 sets

I have been able to get a quote of US$890 shipped for a set of 4. With the AUD being incredibly strong, I estimate the cost to be around AU$210 landed to my door. Then if required, I will need to post it from Brisbane or you can pickup.

The exact cost will depend on the exchange rate on the day of the transacation, but it shouldn't be wildly different.

1. Me
    2. Nirvandan
    3. TD (?)
    Last edited by lup15; 07-07-2011 at 03:35 PM.

That is a very good price for those shipped!

hmm no one interested?

Maybe some pics will help ???

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Maybe some pics will help ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are better, give you +/- 7deg and could turn out to be cheaper...

DOMINANT

scroll down a little bit and you will find them, from memory they're $175.00 USD

more info and pics: Dominant Engineering Rear Camber Arms

Pic:
    Last edited by Malicioso; 13-04-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Interested!!!

They definitely fit the Gen 2, I took the ones I had in my SP23 and put them in my MPS when I did the Eibach Pro Kit...

Not to rain on your parade, but, if you want, I can supply these for $155 +postage (Australian dollars + Australian postage)

No group buy needed.

Looks like the SPC do fit gen 2 according to their website

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    These are better, give you +/- 7deg and could turn out to be cheaper...

DOMINANT

scroll down a little bit and you will find them, from memory they're $175.00 USD

more info and pics: Dominant Engineering Rear Camber Arms
    Thanks for the heads-up but this will still be for the SPC product. They are well known and the product has been around for a while. I don't know why you say they are 'better'. Had a read on that forum, it seems that it's not adjustable while on the car. While you dont adjust camber everyday, I don't think it'd be cheap to remove and refit everytime you need to adjust the camber. Also the thought of a welded part on a suspension part such as the camber arm is not my cup of tea

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but, if you want, I can supply these for $155 +postage (Australian dollars + Australian postage)

No group buy needed.
    oh shit really? no umbrella needed if thats the case. Happy to get through local if its the same product. how to organise?

I will order some when I have 1 person pay. I'll buy 2 sets and go from there.

Postage won't be needed since you are in Brisbane too.

and this is for a pair yea?

Yeah. 1 set (pair)

If you can organise 5 people, I can squeeze the supplier for a bigger discount If the price isn't cheap enough already.

I think there is an option of Red or Black too (checking)

well I'm in no rush so will change the group buy to yours. can you confirm that it is the SPC product? I know there are cheaper clones out there, but the SPC ones aren't welded as shown below

SPC

Clone

Checking that now.

Red and Black option avaliable.

From the picture that I have, it doesn't appear to be welded (I understand you worry with welded suspension components)

I'll get back to you tomorrow with finer pics and details.
    Last edited by 2XS; 13-04-2011 at 09:00 PM.

If they're the real deal I'll grab a set too...

How do we pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    How do we pay?
    are you referring to the groupbuy or to 2XS? I'm waiting on confirmation from 2XS whether the products he has access to are SPC. If they are then the groupbuy will change to go through him. Otherwise I will be continuing to source from the States. If through the States, I will provide payment details (can either paypal or direct bank)

No worries dude, either through the states or 2XS im in
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 14-04-2011 at 09:00 AM.

I mean better in the sense they have a broader range of adjustability than the SPC ones, plus I get wheel alignments for free so setting something like that is no hassle, do you think a wheel shop will ask you what type of camber adjustment you have??? They will just go ahead and do it regardless how many times it may need to come out to adjust, once it's set you don't have to worry about it again...

Welded suspension parts??? Mate there are many suspension parts that are welded from factory! Control arms, crossmembers etc etc

Meh I will take the plunge and go for the Dominant ones and review once installed....
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast