User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mps front shocks ?

Default Mps front shocks ?

What to buy? I've Been told by Mazda I have weeping shock so I need some new ones Other than koni and Mazda supplied what else is there without spending a fortune ? Car is a 07 mps3

Koni's are my choice mate, other than the brakes, by far the best thing I've done to the car was the Koni Shocks. Plenty of guys here say nice things about Bilstiens as well. I believe the B6's are for stock springs (ie not lowered) and the B8's are for when your running low springs.

Good Luck!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/2xs-r...coilovers.html <-- possibility?

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...uspension.html <-- other option?

guess it depends if you want to do the whole car or just the front
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

It's better to do shock changes in pairs. MPS STD's are KYB's (or at least they were on the MPS 6).

There are a multitude of shocks on the market you can choose from:

Koni,
    Bilstiens - B6 perhaps if you have not installed lowering springs.
    KYB's;
    Pedders;
    Monroe;

I used Koni's in the past, and did not like the fact you had to custom fit the unit, price is usually middle of the range;
    Monroe's have good availability, are relatively cheap, but you will struggle to find listings for the MPS (similarly for the KYB's as well)
    I've also used Pedders kit as well, and despite the mixed reviews on this and other forums, I have not had an issue with them - again cheap to middle of the range pricing;
    I currently use Blistiens, although these are the more premium shocks on the market (MPS fronts cost $250 a piece for the B8's on a MPS 6).

I called pedders and was told they don't do mps3 shocks ( same for xr5)
    I'll try some of the others thanks guys

My Koni's were a bolt in job. No customizing...

Isn't it the Koni FSD's which are bolt on and the Koni Yellow that require more work to fit.

is it me or are the eom shocks like made out of glass???

you have PM raffa...

Quote Originally Posted by WispRush View Post
    Isn't it the Koni FSD's which are bolt on and the Koni Yellow that require more work to fit.
    Negative, at least not on my Gen I

from what I've read, if you get bilsteins you should get the B8 as the MPS is already factory lowered.

and yes the stock MPS shocks are absorbed using sponges... I soon to hopefully have bilstein B8/eibach prokit combo in the coming months

Question.

Will shock MPS6 shocks & springs fit onto MP3?

Cheers!

I have Koni Yellow sports. They were a direct bolt in on my MPS3...

ive heard good on the Bilsteins B8's then you can get some springs later (sadly just sold my roadmagnet springs and stock shocks 2 days ago)
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 07-04-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Question.

Will shock MPS6 shocks & springs fit onto MP3?

Cheers!
    Negative.

15. Default

let me clarify - koni's I had were on the old car. I had the Koni yellows on a mirage, and they required cutting away of some of the shocks lower parts...
    Same with the pedders kit, on the mirage, i swapped the Koni's out for a coilover package.
    Monroes I used on another car I had previously.

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post
    It's better to do shock changes in pairs. MPS STD's are KYB's (or at least they were on the MPS 6).

Koni,
    KYB's;
    Pedders;
    Monroe;

I used Koni's in the past, and did not like the fact you had to custom fit the unit, price is usually middle of the range;
    Monroe's have good availability, are relatively cheap, but you will struggle to find listings for the MPS (similarly for the KYB's as well)
    I've also used Pedders kit as well, and despite the mixed reviews on this and other forums, I have not had an issue with them - again cheap to middle of the range pricing;
    I currently use Blistiens, although these are the more premium shocks on the market (MPS fronts cost $250 a piece for the B8's on a MPS 6).

Simple answer,
    If you don't plan on lowering, get the Koni FSD. I have them, sensational.

If you do plan on lowering, get the B8's.
    If you want to lower and fiddle with settings and you know what your doing when you do, get the Koni yellows

Are the koni yellows model specific?

I believe so, yes. I had to wait 4 weeks for Koni (Holland) to make one of my front struts due to nil stock worldwide!
    IF you're interested, I can give you a number of the Aust distributor. Best to go direct. They're a world full of knowledge too. Just PM if you are. No pressure though
    BTW, cost me just over $1000 for F+R Koni Yellows. But I get trade price :P
    Bilsteins I hear are good too. Just speak to some PROFESSIONAL suspension fitters. Some will try to flog their own stuff, but others (the good ones) will be open minded and honest.

Good luck
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Simple answer,
    If you don't plan on lowering, get the Koni FSD. I have them, sensational.

If you do plan on lowering, get the B8's.
    If you want to lower and fiddle with settings and you know what your doing when you do, get the Koni yellows
    There good but if u have a lighter weight Neo running KYB's beware the Neo will sneak up on ya
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post

Koni,
    KYB's;
    Pedders;
    Monroe;

spoke to monroe & pedders and neither do mps compatible shocks ( pedders did refer me to koni )
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast