User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions wanted ....

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Like, just because something is made in China its automatically bad. Wasn't that long ago people said that about Japan.
    Difference being that a good many things from China are rubbish... lol!

Nah my pet hate about knockoff rims is exactly that - they're blatant copyright infringement, but it seems that the chinese/etc can get away with it, while the actual companies that do the designing go broke!

Wow that blew up a bit ...

Meh I can play this game too.

Your argument is so old and yet so wrong. Why do people even bother comparing them, they're in totally different price ranges and people who are in the market for one aren't likely in the market for the other. People don't cross shop between $4000 and $1000 rims - people know which one they're going to buy, so you can't even blame them for stealing sales. If the brand companies are going bankrupt it's nothing to do with the copies, it's that they don't have a successful business model or their target market obviously isn't big enough. My point is if they're going out of business, maybe they need to rethink their business. Perhaps people think $4000 is too much for light wheels and would rather settle for cheap ones that look good. If they're being outsold, then it's time to adapt to the market and maybe focus less on light weight rims and try to compete. You probably think the movie companies should sue everyone for downloading their movies rather than make them more easily available for download, at a cheaper price, and not 6 months after they come out in the US too huh?

I'll tell you I'd rather have 4 sets of rims than 1 set of ultra expensive ones.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

For my mind, I think it has little or nothing to do with where a product is made, and everything to do with the manufacturing standards imposed on its production. I'm talking about any product here, not just wheels.

China accounts for a massive amount of the world's production, as do countries such as India, Taiwan, Korea, and Malaysia. Labour is cheap (though this is slowly changing in China), Governments offer incentives to large corporations for basing manufacturing facilities in their countries and, particularly in China and India's case, they represent a major portion of the world's mineral mining industry

So it stands to reason why so many products are manufactured in these countries.

As has been pointed out, there are a lot of products that come out of these countries that aren't of great quality. There are also a hell of a lot of products that are of excellent quality. Quite often in fact, good and bad quality products will even come from the same factory.

So what's the difference? The standards imposed on the manufacturing process by the parent companies.

The majority of long-standing global companies didn't start their life manufacturing their products in China. Most began manufacture in their countries of origin, be it the US, UK, Germany, Japan, etc. Compared to the length of time many global brands have been in business, manufacturing in countries like China and India is, relatively speaking, a very recent development.

What isn't recent is the standards these companies impose on the manufacturing process. These standards have generally taken years and in some cases decades to develop, and 99% of the time are the reason why a particular global brand gets to the size it is. When these companies move their production to other countries, their production standards (typically) move with them.

In terms of poorer quality "knock offs" a great deal of them will come out of the same factories that the original products will come out of. What will differ is the quality standards that are imposed (eg. a slightly cheaper, inferior grade of base material may be used, defect/binning standards may be lowered a notch, cheaper and lower trained workers might be employed etc etc). What results is a cheaper product that may even look similar to the original, but won't be of as good quality. There's a large "pirate" industry that's become very adept at this, particularly in China, but on the same token there are also many global brands who do it too. Everyone's seen examples of this, usually shown as "Brand X, by Brand Y" where Brand Y is the well known global company that's steeped in quality, and Brand X is the cheaper "upstart".

Anyway, that's my view

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

All bagging of brands aside.

White and white only!

Ok I'm a little scared to start the thread back up however the time is nearly here to actually get these rims painted I still think maybe white is the go but I don't want to be forever cleaning them! I'm I love with this ATMClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308911164.867716.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	8924

Anyone else have a opinion ( on color, not brand vs brand)

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Quote Originally Posted by raffa View Post
    Ok I'm a little scared to start the thread back up however the time is nearly here to actually get these rims painted I still think maybe white is the go but I don't want to be forever cleaning them! I'm I love with this ATMClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308911164.867716.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	8924

Anyone else have a opinion ( on color, not brand vs brand)

That looks fn shithouse is my opinion.

Very jdm....

Satin black is probably where it's at right now.

Raffa Raffa Raffa, can I give you a gentle slap across the face to wake you up what are you thinking of with this blue Stick with Black or a grey colour and I was going to paint my Lenso's white before I sold the car on my TR MPS. Change your brake pads if u still have OEM and if you wash your car like most on here it shouldn't be a problem.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Ok people you win I admit the blue does belong in a jDM racing series somewhere ! But black and grey has been done to death IMO and I'm one of those ppl that's 'a little different' looks like whites the go .....

White

go white, but get as tough a coating as you can.

brake dust is a bitch to clean off :P

Ice

$180 is a bargain if they can do it.

i paid $500 for the OEM to be fixed and then painted including rim skins.

Go white to be different , too many black on reds going around and im one of them

found this while late night internet trolling and im sure its a photochop but i'm quite sure this will be the new rim colour of the raff-mobile ( and the front mount soon too) love it !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wpid-2010-Mazda-Mazdaspeed-3-Front-Side-View-610x396.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	9255  

I find it funny people want to be different but in the same way as other people who want to be different. What's wrong with doing something that looks good regardless of who else has done it. It's not like you're trying to impress other people so why worry if other people are doing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12