User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions wanted ....

Default Opinions wanted ....

Hey I have purchased a set of katana gtm's (from KRNAGE) currently black, I will be getting them resprayed either Satin black or maybe white ( see pic below )
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...LQ0jgvMIo8f5oA

Any other suggestions ? I'd like to go 'something different' but no fluro (although I did consider it )
    The car is true red ....

They Lenso Type M's - White all the way on a red car...Thats what I would do...would look hot as thats the only opinion you'll need!

White would look awesome on red, but i'd be getting some good dust free brake pads, white will be a bugger to keep clean (hence why i prefer grey and black rims)

Colour coded rims in true red could also look quite good, and certainly different

yeah never gave any thought to color coded rims ....could work well?

keep em coming ppl

+1 for white

yeah go the white

Black anyday of the week! Black with black bonnet strips on the bulge , so phat!

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Black anyday of the week! Black with black bonnet strips on the bulge , so phat!
    Well............................................. what about red wheels and red stripes on a black car
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Have to say the white look pretty dam good IMO

Yeah think I've settled on white now to decide if to do white pearl or straight white ?

straight white i think, but visualising it i think maybe a pearl would be awesome on a TR
    when you getting this done? could be interested in doing my other rims a gunmetal grey at the same time
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 06-04-2011 at 06:21 AM.
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

Lol soon after I pick them up will keep ya posted, I've been quoted $180 for sand blasting And powder coating any colour and textue ( although I don't know how textures will hold up with wear & tear) 2 day turn around

Chinese rims... *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Chinese rims... *shudder*
    Going to elaborate on that?

Quite a few on this forum, myself included really like lenso rims. They certainly have topped a good hiding on the roads where I live, and are perfectly fine

Anyway.......

$180 for blasting and powdercoating, is that each or for the set?

Personally I'm not a fan of knock-off rims primarily due to taking business away from other rim manufacturers. i.e. BBS dropping into financial trouble, etc.
    Plus, the build quality generally isn't that great.
    I'm sure a lot of people like them and they are a cheap alternative to a genuine set of rims... But nine times out of then they'll be heavier, weaker, and of less quality than the standard rims you're replacing.

But hey, if you're not going to the track, and avoid bumping kerbs, I'm sure they'll be fine. And with the real emphasis on stance/looks these days over performance, they fit right into the market perfectly.

Obviously you can have dramas with any rims, but personally I like to know that the things holding me to the road are of a high quality.

Again with that stupid rota photo.
    Look at it, look at the tyre, see the abuse it has obviously received.
    Do you know the truth to what happend, what caused the failure other that what's written on the internet?
    No you dont.
    Can you even prove to me that its even a rota rim?

Thing like that really pee off about the internet, here is a photo, so it must be true.
    If I knew it was going to be like this I would have taken some photos of wheels I've replace on customers cars, brand name wheels. Enkei and bbs for example

Another thing.
    Rota is actually made in England.
    That's where the set both my father and brother bought came from.
    Very nice wheels, very light, exceptional finish. Far better than any OEM wheel. Better than the rims on dads golf r.

Sure you get what you pay for, and if you race your car like its obvious the guy in the photo has, then some of the cheaper wheels aren't the best.
    But that doesn't make them a bad wheel.
    They are only designed for road use, and they are perfectly good for that.
    And they aren't designed to run into or over gutters. If you need a rim that can do that, learn to drive better.

Further note before anyone says I'm hypocritical because dad just bought a set of work wheels. The reason he did was because of the service he received and they were the only ones who had a wheel that fitted to the specifications he wanted

That's why I bought Team Dynamics Racing wheels. English made, proven tough race wheels. Ultra light ultra tough. At $280 per wheel, they're quite cheap by comparison. I love the look too

Phew, don't pop a vein mate.

Another thing.
    Rota is actually made in England.
    That's where the set both my father and brother bought came from.
    Very nice wheels, very light, exceptional finish. Far better than any OEM wheel. Better than the rims on dads golf r.
    That must be the reason they state on their site

We are Philippine Aluminum Wheels, Inc. (PAWI). The Philippines' pioneer and leading alloy wheel manufacturer.
    Photos are used as examples, highlighting an argument. If you must know, the two lower images are of HRE rims, "banned from PCA events after Dodge Vipers broke 9 sets in 1 weekend". Not a cheap rim, but again, using as an example.
    I've seen cheap rims give out at MC days, and have had a cheap speedy crack on me for no reason other than being a speedy rim... but don't have photos of them doing so... But hey, I just wrote that on the internet too, so it must be all lies.

I'm not out to personally offend you like you seem to have been, just stating my opinion as per the title of the thread. You asked for an elaboration on my opinion, I gave it. You've taken a forum post to heart way too much.

Go outside, have a cigarette, and chill dude.

Fine, but we have wheels that are being designed for a purpose, if you take it beyond that purpose you shouldn't expect so much

I'm just sick of people continually saying something is bad because there is another item that is more expensive and better.
    It's not bad, its just not as good

Nothing personal, just a bit of a pet hate
    Like, just because something is made in China its automatically bad. Wasn't that long ago people said that about Japan.

Bd581 $180 for all 4 I'm told don't know the companies name can find out if anyone is interested ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast