User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Targa Tasmania - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post

Guys, have you realised that the scheme has changed out goes the orange and in comes yellow.

Steve Glenney appeared to have issues in the rx8 and has dropped down the list.

The MPS appear to still be going strong.

Hmmmmmmm Orange to me!!!! they went from black body with orange and orange wheels to the opposite this year with black wheels and orange on most of the car ... I can understand if people were colourblind so close to yellow but not quiet there enough of the colours it looks GREAT
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

one rx8 down, it crashed

The MPS is in the most retarded category. The closest competitor is a Skoda Octavia? Huh?

At the end of Leg 3 it would be in 2nd place in the 4WD category. That is a hot result.

Weird that there are no XR5's or GTI's in the showroom category.

Good results table (The official targa tasmania page is one of the worst website designs ive seen in years)
    http://www.rallyresults.com.au/targa...eSummaries.asp
    Last edited by Reedy; 09-04-2011 at 09:48 AM.

golf R is close competitor... but it's in 4wd category, and seriously down on pace

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    The MPS is in the most retarded category. The closest competitor is a Skoda Octavia? Huh?

At the end of Leg 3 it would be in 2nd place in the 4WD category. That is a hot result.

Weird that there are no XR5's or GTI's in the showroom category.

Good results table (The official targa tasmania page is one of the worst website designs ive seen in years)
    Targa Tasmania - 2011 Results
    ... and ahead of the RX8sp in the modern category lol
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Hmmmmmmm Orange to me!!!! they went from black body with orange and orange wheels to the opposite this year with black wheels and orange on most of the car ... I can understand if people were colourblind so close to yellow but not quiet there enough of the colours it looks GREAT
    Definitely orange. I understand Col is receiving loyalty cheques in the post now. More money to spent on MADAZ...

yes lasts years is/was definately orange.

Not this years to my eyes this years is yellow.
    Last edited by BlueMPS; 09-04-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    golf R is close competitor... but it's in 4wd category, and seriously down on pace
    I have a Motor magazine here that compares the golf r to a bunch of other performance cars and they rubbish it at the track because its DSC can't be fully switched off, lap times don't do the car justice as a result.

THAT golf r is 10 minutes behind tho, I suspect they may have had a flat tyre or were penalised for some reason.

By any chance february's issue of MOTOR?

Yea think so.

Yup I remember that article, Golf R was the slower than the WRX STi, Ford RS and the new megane around Phillip Island.

Very disappointing.

Looks like the MPS is first in Showroom even when you combine the 2wd and 4wd's. Great result.

That really shouldn't happen, but i'll take that result!

What the hell is this commentator tripping on tho? He keeps saying that wet weather will suit the Mazda drivers, everyone else is in 4wd cars. ,
    Last edited by Reedy; 10-04-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Tony Quinn wins in the Nissan GTR.'

Brendan Reeves in the MPS wins the showroom and is also a head of the all the 4wd showroom cars as well. Also finished 5th overall. Great result!!!!!!!

Jamie van den Berg come 5th in Modern but the MPS finished in front of his RX8.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post

What the hell is this commentator tripping on tho? He keeps saying that wet weather will suit the Mazda drivers, everyone else is in 4wd cars. ,
    No I think Luke (the Commentator) could be correct. The Gen 2 is surprising good in the wet but the main reason I think is that the cars in targa are restricted to 6 tyres. With the MPS been able to rotate the tyres (with the back not doing a lot of work) where the 4wds do not have this benefit. So the MPS has better tyres to clear the water which is more of an advantage than having 4 wd with crappy tyres. Just my thinking.

5th outright

There goes our sleeper reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    5th outright

There goes our sleeper reputation...
    a bonnet scoop does not a sleeper car make
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I see your comment and add this:

An awesome result for both cars!

On the back of this maybe next year they'll put the MPS in the right damned category..... Skoda Octavia; I mean really...

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I see your comment and add this:

Wow Dan, that Rav 4 looks like a weapon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Edit The MPS Finished 4th. Even better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast