User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Clay Bars @ ZAS

Default New Clay Bars @ ZAS

Hi Guys,

We have just uploaded a new product to the ZAS website. Now available are our own branded clay bars.

Simply washing your vehicle is not an effective way of removing things like tar spots and road grime. Clay bars used in combination with a lubricant like Prima Glide is a simple yet essential process to safely remove embedded contaminants from the painted surface prior to waxing.

At a forum price of $17.82 (after 10% forum discount) for a 200g pack, these clay bars are a bargain. High quality, fine grade clay bars, without paying extra just for a name. Well known clay bars cost upwards of $40 per 200g. These bars have been tested by us to be the equivalent to, if not better than some big name brands.

ZAS Clay Bars
    Last edited by ZAS; 26-02-2009 at 06:21 PM.

hey zas. i am interested in grabbing one of those clay bars. i am unfamiliar with using them though would u b able to give me a run down on the 'how to?' how would i get the money to u? u got paypal?
    cheers
    phil

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    hey zas. i am interested in grabbing one of those clay bars. i am unfamiliar with using them though would u b able to give me a run down on the 'how to?' how would i get the money to u? u got paypal?
    cheers
    phil
    Head to http://www.zas.com.au, sign up/register for an account and let ZAS know your username...he will add you to the forum members list on his site meaning you will get a 10% discount on products.

From there...you use the shopping cart to buy the products you wish...then the checkout process.

For more help...contact ZAS

For the claybar...I can personally show you next time I am down to see Ant.

I have clayed my car and a few other members....it not a hard process when you have plenty of lube

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Everything Dug said as well as you can have a read of our library here Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd | Premium Car Care/Detailing Products | DETAILING LIBRARY there's a section on using a Clay Bar.

As for the lube. We will have Prima Glide in stock next week. If you want a cheap option that will "get the job done" use a car wash and water mixture. Mix about 1 cap full of soap with a litre of water. That should give you a good mix depending on the soap you are using.

Blog Entries

Like other things in life, lube is vital.

i bought a clay bar yesterday, just to add to my services!!
    there really easy to use and give great results!!!

like duglet says, plenty of lub will make the job a lot easier!!

Hey Anthony,

I got your PM the other day re. trade account. I did reply, but never heard back from you. I'm assuming you have yourself sorted with equipment etc. but just in the off chance something has gone wrong here...I did reply. Not ignore you.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Head to Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd | Premium Car Care/Detailing Products | Welcome, sign up/register for an account and let ZAS know your username...he will add you to the forum members list on his site meaning you will get a 10% discount on products.

From there...you use the shopping cart to buy the products you wish...then the checkout process.

For more help...contact ZAS

For the claybar...I can personally show you next time I am down to see Ant.

I have clayed my car and a few other members....it not a hard process when you have plenty of lube

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    thanx dugi will check it out. hey maybe a silly question but does the lube come with iit or do u have to supply your own? lol

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Everything Dug said as well as you can have a read of our library here Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd | Premium Car Care/Detailing Products | DETAILING LIBRARY there's a section on using a Clay Bar.

As for the lube. We will have Prima Glide in stock next week. If you want a cheap option that will "get the job done" use a car wash and water mixture. Mix about 1 cap full of soap with a litre of water. That should give you a good mix depending on the soap you are using.
    Hey joel, thanx for the tips. i will go check it out.
    laters
    phil

Nah mate. Lube is separate.

No probs. Any hassles let me know.

Although carwash and water will work. I highly recommend you use a dedicated lube. Ive tried about 6 plus some formulations of my own with different detergents and the best ones are always the ones made specifically for the purpose.

Joel is this bar equilivant to a dodo grey/clay magic blue or a sonus green/megs/pinnacle fine?

Hi Dan,

I totally agree re. the lube, however my recommendation was made as kind of a last resort.

This clay bar was compared to the Pinnacle fine clay when we tested it. I have not used the Dodo grey but I am imagining it might be "very similar" to the World's Best bar which is also "very similar" to the clay magic blue...if you know what I mean

Cool thanks for the info. I like it comes as 2 separate bars but it will be a bit fine for my use i think

Ok fair enough. We had no issues with removal of contaminants. Does the same job as the World's Best bar which is an Auto Magic fine grade bar.

hey maybe a silly question but does the lube come with iit or do u have to supply your own? lol[COLOR="Silver"]
    I have now coupled our clay bars together with Prima Glide Clay lube here Prima Clay Kit

Works out 5% cheaper than buying them separate (15% with the forum discount)

I clayed one door on my cx9 today. (meguairs clay & quick detailer as lube) I am amazed at how well these bars work. Given the size on the 9 i will be in touch to get some ZAS bars at some stage.

I have one question tho, how do I know when the bar is no good anymore, ie to dirty?

Gotta get motivated now to do the rest of the car.

cheers
    phil
    phil i showed you a MONTH BACK!!

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

ill be grabbing maybe 2 off you very soon thanks!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Never used a clay bar may need to talk to my friend Antony about this......

hahaha if used corrctly can be amazing in the results dept!!
    lots o lube!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    I have one question tho, how do I know when the bar is no good anymore, ie to dirty?
    You know how you refold it to get a clean surface to use again? Well when it gets to a point when you look at it and think this is too dirty and you refold but can't get a clean face on the bar again. That's when it's time to throw it away.

Your car would have to be pretty filthy to go through a whole bar though

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    You know how you refold it to get a clean surface to use again? Well when it gets to a point when you look at it and think this is too dirty and you refold but can't get a clean face on the bar again. That's when it's time to throw it away.

Your car would have to be pretty filthy to go through a whole bar though
    The 9 is a big car tho lol. Im actually looking forward to finishing the rest of the car when I get time.bar

Ill keep an eye on how dirty it gets. I have split the original bar, soIstill have a clean bit to compare with.
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast