User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The search ends for my MPS

Default The search ends for my MPS

Hey guys,
    well the love affair began with the MPS 6 when latool bought one late 2008. i was desperatly in love and totally jelous!! while she had upgraded from an SP23, i was still driving my hyundi elantra. i know... shame on me right. anyway, as the months went on, i continued looking at MPS's for sale on carsales.com but unfortunatly was not in a positon to afford one. poor latool had to listen to me whine for months (best friends duty) until jason from mazda at springwood called her and said he had an mps on radient eboney.

we went down and had a looksies and got the WORST salesman ever in the intrire history of salesmen! he was that bad! when we went for the test drive he drove it first to show me what it could do but his phone rang. He was driving on the phone with me in the car hearing about his horrible housemate... yep thats right... personal call, not business! i was P.O.ed. he then got snippy when latoya asked questions about it. so wo left not wanting to give that prick any money.

another week of searching carsales when we found a black on down at southport. we went down on 27th jan just to find out it had been sold the day before. so we decided we'd go back to springwood mazda and deal with someone else. i took it for another test drive (Better, Longer and Safer). from that we sat down and did the math but the price was a little high for me so i had to think about it. the next day the salesman from mazda rang and said someone put a deposit on 'my' car. i nearly cried. the hunt began again.

back on carsales, latoya sends me a link to a cheap MPS. i take a look at it and as usual fell in love with it... and the price. the only problem, it was in cairns. thus began the pain staking decision of flying up and driving back, or shipping it down. and thanks to the help of some ozmpsclub members, the decision was made to fly up and drive it back.

this now only left the money to deal with. wasnt this a fun process... not! the finance company stuffed up the details about 4 times and had me sign documents with incorrect math on it. they had me paying more that i owed. so then that was fixed and everything finally got approved. now the wait for the funds to appear in the sellers account. we didnt want to book flights until we were sure he had the money as they were no refunderble. so i'd organised the two night off work that i'd needed and was ready to go. just needed that call.

it finally came at 8pm on friday night. from the i called latoya and we decided which flight we wanted and went to book... but wait, jetstar site wouldn't work! poo! we ended up booking through webjet and got the comformation details. from there i transfered the rest of the deposit into the sellers accout and we we all ready to go. just needed a good nights sleep in preperation for the 23hr drive.

i acctually got a good nights sleep despit my overwelling excitment. i awoke at 7am, packed the tunes and a change of cloths and headed for the airtrain (CHU CHU!!!) we got to the airport and dicovered that the deposit had not appeared in the sellers account. we decided to take cash out at the airport but the atm only gives out $200 at a time. so standing there for what seemed like forever i maxed out the daily limit on my account. so i had to call the bank and increase my limit.

at this point i was thinking that the plane might just crash and i'll never get my MPS. boo hoo! well besides the flight being increadably boring and the nintendo DS brain training calling me stupid! the flight went without a hitch. we arrived in cairns and met the Keith (Seller) and took out the rest of the deposit. we headed back to the car (side note: he only had to pay $3 for parking. latoya and i was gob smacked. lol) we drove back to his place to complete the sale. and wouldnt you know it, i took $200 less out than i though. after fixing that up we where on the road.

YAY!!! i fianally have an MPS!!!! whoo hoo!!!! It was time for the road trip! but just incase this day was to dull for us, dumb bum me forgot my sunnies. and i a person who cant go out in the sun without them never mind drive 2000km without them. so time for a servo stop. top up the fuel tank, buy sunnies and a can of V each. just the first caffinated drink of many more to come! And we were off again..

for all the road trip details check out latools post:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...eans-mps6.html

I've now finally got my baby home... and i LOVE her. it was all worth it.
    thanks for reading. hope it wasnt to boring. let me know if you had trouble getting your MPS. it might just be something you have to go though to achieve GREATNESS!!!!

Sean

Blog Entries

Hi MPSean! welcome to OzMPSclub!

thanks

MPSean the post was not boring, rather the opposite, always like a good story! Hope you enjoy your ride as much as I do mine.

Howdy Sean

Glad you got your baby home safe and sound.

Sounds like it was a good idea to fly up and drive back...you experienced some Q time with your car.

Hope to see you out and about...as we do not see many 6MPS anymore

Happy Motoring
    duglet

What a great little story!

Great story,& as they say, good things come to those that wait.

Hi MPSean!! Welcome to the club.

Congrats on the purchase and I have to tell you that is one exciting little adventure!!

9. Default

Hi Sean and welcome, you have now joined the club of 6 drivers with a contant grin on their face and dreading the thought of ever having to change over to anther car

Woohoo another 6mps driver in Ipswich, at least you got a quality road trip out of it,
    i'm still waiting to do that, welcome to the forum.

dang it use should have stuck around for a while... could have taken use for a run up the Gillies and Kuranda !!

congrats on purchase !!

*BLUSH* I loved our road trip, im slowly exposing our new found member to the wonderful world of cars! This is going to be a fantastic time, now im not alone! Te HE HE HE. Ill try and drag him on the next cruise!

Ill try and drag him on the next cruise!
    dunno if the club will condone any sort of illegal "drags" on there cruises !! HAHA

Aww good to hear the story ended well! I enjoyed the read. And hope you enjoy the car!
    Ohh and Welcome

Glad you finally got one after so long wanting one. They're a great car, you'll have a blast

great story too

Welcome to OzMPSclub MPSean! Nothing like a good road trip, and pics of the MPS6?

Thanks for reading guys. It truly was a great drive. I cant wait to get out and show her off and perv on everyone elses babies.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

some on my profile
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...an-albums.html

Nice work - they're hard to get hold of. When i bought mine - I was looking for a new one and I had 2 options - Black in Darwin (+2500 delivery!) or Silver in Perth - same issue.

Until...and out of the blue phone call at 4:59 on a friday PM with a dealer I had long written off saying..."We're found a Mazda 6 MPS which hasnt been sold yet - due in Brisbane in 3 weeks time, its currently on a ship, Veloctiy Red. Do you want it?"

Well...the rest is history.

I LOVE MY MPS

Blog Entries

Howdy

Hi Sean, very interesting story and I am glad it worked out for you. I didn't have any trouble getting mine however it did take me over 7 and a half months of searching to find what I wanted. As soon as I saw the sale posted on the net though , took the day off work the next day and bought the car. It was such a good feeling after all that hard work.

Enjoy your MPS !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast