User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 - Hub Bore, does it makes a difference?

Default MPS6 - Hub Bore, does it makes a difference?

Hi guys,

Am looking online to buy a nice set of wheels, am looking on some local and also usa sites, but my question is, if I know the diameter, offset, width i want, do I need to worry about hub bore sizes? I assume this relates to the centre part of the wheel, does anyone know what sizes I should be looking for?

This is for a mps6 by the way

Cheers!

No idea on size, but when I bought some CSA wheels the tyre place had to order in special sized centre bore locators (CBL's) for me as when the wheels were fitted there were some bad vibrations, ask some of the wheel supplies they'll be able to help. FYI CSA Mullins had the sizes on file.

if the Bore size is to small wont fit over the hub. Too big is not good either, puts more stress on wheel nuts more movement between hub and wheel.. MPS3 i think u need a 67mm bore to clear

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    if the Bore size is to small wont fit over the hub. Too big is not good either, puts more stress on wheel nuts more movement between hub and wheel.. MPS3 i think u need a 67mm bore to clear
    Too big doesn't matter. Fit some Hub Centric Rings and is solves the problem. Yes hub size it 67mm.

When buying wheels. Just make sure the centre holes is 67mm or bigger. Nowadays 99.9% of wheel's centre holes are 67mm. Then you can just buy the correct fitting rings on ebay to match the wheels.