User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 Coilovers - Compatibility/Spring Rates etc

Default MPS6 Coilovers - Compatibility/Spring Rates etc

Guys,

I've done a search with limited success. Basically looking at coilovers ex japan and finding a lot of listings for GG3S (non MPS I believe) and comparitively little for the GG3P (MPS/Mazdaspeed). Interestingly the spring rates for the two are all 8/5.8 whereas the BC's are 11.8/7.8.

Any comments on appropriate spring rates for the MPS and compatibility of non MPS suspension?

Cheers,
    Nick

8/5.8 seems a little low considering the weight of a 6 MPS. I just had a look at the BC website, and the Mazda 6 GG/GH coilovers are 10.0/8.0. BC website also states GG3S and GG3P fitment is identical.

got a link to the coilovers you are looking at?

I used to have 7.5/5.2 on a 1150kg FWD car. Currently running 8.0/4.0 on it.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I just had a look on Yahoo cos you made me interested. Also found a GGES model somewhere in the mix.

Tein Super Streets 8.0/5.8
    Tein Flex 10.0/8.0
    Cusco Comp-S 11.0/6.5
    Cusco Zero 1 12.0/6.5

Also HKS and Tanake coilovers on offer.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 03-04-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks. I agree the rates seemed overly soft and most likely intended for the fwd 2l 6. I also run much stiffer in a lighter car, but I'm not worried about comfort in that thing!

Can you link the auctions with the higher spring rates - pref on yahoo? Everything I've found (inc MS6 specific) had the softer spring rates .... 10/8 looks like middle of the road and not overly high considering the curb weight.

Actually, revised the search terms and found the additional auctions. The flex with edfc look pretty good!
    Last edited by DCIEVE; 04-04-2011 at 12:18 PM.