User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Catless DP coming from the US

1. Default

Did they weld the cat into the dump pipe, or added an extra one downstream into the system? or are you saying they replaced the stock cat with a high flow 100 cell unit?

Just trying to make some plans, and get what i need to do a similar mod. I'm undecided whether to put a cat into the dump pipe, or add a 2nd high flow 100 cell cat into the system down stream (re: after the stock cat somewhere in the cat back exhaust).

The US guys run catless, but I have seen a guy on this forum who welded a spun 100 cell cat into the dump pipe, and is still running the stock cat in the system.

I dont know how restrictive the stock cat is on the 6.
    Last edited by mazda6mps; 09-07-2011 at 03:08 PM.

How's the DP holding up mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    How's the DP holding up mate?
    Well today will be one week since having the DP installed and I am over the moon with it!
    One of the reasons I held back for so long was the thoughts of the turbo smoking out , knock on wood everything is still fine in that area
    I cant get over just how fast the car is now, I have only done one launch and geez with DSC OFF it felt so powerful
    My wife has taken a little while to warm to the new mod, she didn't realise how much it was going to cost.... (I thought I told you it was going to be that much... ?!?... lol)
    She drove it for the first time yesterday and she had a smile from ear to ear, first thing she said was "OMG Mark this is stupidly quick!" she went on to say how much smoother it was through the gears too.
    Well I thought this might have been the last mod but I think before Christmas I will install a 3.25 Inch TMIC and short shift plate, but thats only if the turbo and clutch keeps strong

Will be taking the leap of faith and getting the RDI MS3 Downpipe heheh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123