User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod cost

I decided to spend up to $2000 on each cosmetics(interior and exterior), power, handling.

I only spent 1500 on cosmetics, including wheels and audio. And currently on 1600 for go, but I want a little more power wise, might adjust my limits thou lol, fmic and dp will add up.

Why are DPs so much $$..

ATP Upper Downpipe MAZDA Mazdaspeed 3 2007-10 STAINLESS - eBay (item 370244558221 end time Apr-04-11 15:25:54 PDT)

Mine cost me $800 with euro 5 cat. If you want a budget for performance mods.. SRI/TIP corksports = $400-$500, DP $350 Garrett ( use OEM 2nd cat) Fmic $1000 for Troys or corksports MPSG where offering a good price, Tune $500-1000

$3000 for 200-220kw
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 03-04-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

$3000 for 200-220kw

I've spent $3500 and have 191fwkw.
    There MUST be a huge difference between Melbourne dynos and the rest of the country. Can't wait to put mine on a dyno up here. Should have 210kw...

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Oh, BTW, seeming you're located in Vic, best bang for your buck is a tune from The Horsepower Factory in Dandenong. $800 for a custom ECU flash incl dyno time. Awesome.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post

I've spent $3500 and have 191fwkw.
    There MUST be a huge difference between Melbourne dynos and the rest of the country. Can't wait to put mine on a dyno up here. Should have 210kw...

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Oh, BTW, seeming you're located in Vic, best bang for your buck is a tune from The Horsepower Factory in Dandenong. $800 for a custom ECU flash incl dyno time. Awesome.

I'm with you Jon, some Melbourne Dyno's must be harsh, its not the HP-F tune, cause i was having a run against a 06 MPS that had intake, tbe and chip torque tune and was even with him during the beef of the rev range and then at 5500+rpm closed in, in every gear, so on street performance is there just dyno figures aren't lol.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

I'll find out in 2weeks time...

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Nolathane

Way more negatives than positives. I'd never ever put a complete kit through a car. One or two bushes if you have to, but never the lot. Way to firm and way to noisy for every day use.
    Nolathane, too firm?
    lol!
    Clearly you haven't ever been for a ride in a real track car! We've put solid bushes - and I mean milled aluminium - in my mates S13, and that's "firm and noisy". Nolathane, or a similar compound urethane, should be one of the first things done to tighten up everything! Car can't handle right if all the moving components are jiggling around on p.o.s jelly-spec mounts! Every one of my skylines has had nolathane/noltec throughout.

Want a comfortable car?
    Then don't use nolathane throughout a car.

Yes, it might handle better, but is it worth the extra noise on firmness?
    Most would so no

8. Default Downsides

What do a DP and SRI do to the fuel economy? I don't mind if it's a bit thirstier, but the fuel is these days....

It depends, I found with the Intake my economy went to shit because I was intentionally fanning the throttle just to hear the induction noise. But my highway economy actually improved a little.

Those mods alone will generally hurt fuel economy, but a proper tune will trim it back up again to something close to what it was at stock, only with about 30% more power.

One simple fact. Run the tune rich to ensure no zoom zoom boom. Enconomy drops, but power is made safely.
    If your AFR gauge (to those with them) reads in the lean at all, it's not safe. Mine NEVER hits lean even on full lift off. I can still hit 8.5L/100kms on cruise too.
    Get a good tune done mate. It's marvellous...

A good DP cost more money because it is designed to make power.
    It gets every last Kw from the motor.
    It brings boost on earlier and holds it for longer.
    The std "bellmouth" style will make more power than standard, but, you can always make more.

As the saying goes "You do get what you pay for"

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    A good DP cost more money because it is designed to make power.
    It gets every last Kw from the motor.
    It brings boost on earlier and holds it for longer.
    The std "bellmouth" style will make more power than standard, but, you can always make more.

As the saying goes "You do get what you pay for"
    + 1
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12