User Tag List

Thread: Forget RS... Tramontana R: 537kW V12 Twin-Turbocharged badboy

1. Default Forget RS... Tramontana R: 537kW V12 Twin-Turbocharged badboy

Okay, so an F1 car and an F-22 Raptor fighter jet have a boozy night out and things get a little steamy… It’s conceivable that sometime later (we aren’t sure what a Raptor’s gestation period is), the car you see here could be the bastard love child?

Loaded to the gunwales with 537kW (720hp) / 1100Nm of twin-turbocharged Mercedes-Benz sourced 5.5-litre V12, this my friends is the Tramontana R. For those with weaker wallets, or stomachs, a less powerful, 410Kw (550hp) naturally aspirated version is also available.

Made in Spain by the Tramontana Group, the ‘R’ in turbo-charged form will scorch from 0 - 100km/h in 3.6 seconds (don’t line up against a GT-R) and peak somewhere near 325km/h. All up it weighs in at 1260kgs, which seems like a lot given its use of exotic materials.

Wheels are magnesium / carbon fibre 20-inch affairs and there is carbon fibre everywhere in the construction of the body.

Brakes are six piston Brembos with 380mm discs, while a custom Ohlins suspension system irons out the bumps.

Inside the cockpit (?), there are lashings of exposed carbon fibre, an LCD instrument panel and the controls for the six-speed sequential gearbox.

The price of all this madness?

You’ll be needing a spare €385,000 ,$US495,000 or $AU757,574 to park the Tramontana R in your driveway. The good news is that it will be rare, as production is limited to just 12 units per year.

Overpriced, ugly and a bit slow…?

The Tramontana R is due to make its public debut at the Top Marques Monaco show at the end of March.

Last edited by Wardski; 26-02-2009 at 06:49 AM.

3.5?
    You would think it was quicker.

Pure horn.

3.5s is probably the best they can get with trying to put that much power down through the rear wheels (RWD?).

Insane !
    Id be getting myself one of those if i had the money *grins*

that is a pretty insane ride!! nice to see they got 2 seats too in the pilot configuration. at least u could take someone else out for a spin.hehe

you'd definitely have something a little different from the usual supercar, Merc V8's sound awesome too

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    that is a pretty insane ride!! nice to see they got 2 seats too in the pilot configuration. at least u could take someone else out for a spin.hehe
    Plenty of room for a couple of sandbags to hold the back end down. My misses wouldnt be heavy enuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Plenty of room for a couple of sandbags to hold the back end down. My misses wouldnt be heavy enuff!
    I would be tho

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    lol wardski.