User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 2 HPFP Concerns?

Its still a mystery this one. But i still haven't upgraded mine as i dont think it'll really be a problem

2. Default

I have just a 3.0 inch full intake and the Accessport and have maxed out the stock HPFP.

Every car is a bit different, the only sure way to note a problem is with datalogs.
    I've was monitoring my fuel pressure carefully since I put the intake in, once I raised the boost to 17 PSI it started to drop fuel pressure at WOT (dropped below 1000psi for split second on logs)
    That was at approx 280 grams per second airflow.

Autotech has been on order for some time now,, car is detuned until it arrives.

3. Default

Ive only a SRI + TIH OTS Cobb stage 1 map (gen2), and my fuel pressure is at 11510kpa (1670psi) @ WOT in 2/3/4th gear. Not quite sure what others are getting in fuel pressure, but i keep a log on fuel pressure anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by creole View Post
    Ive only a SRI + TIH OTS Cobb stage 1 map (gen2), and my fuel pressure is at 11510kpa (1670psi) @ WOT in 2/3/4th gear. Not quite sure what others are getting in fuel pressure, but i keep a log on fuel pressure anyway.
    That's fine
    It's when it goes under 1600psi that bad stuff happens
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by creole View Post
    Just keep an eye on it through winter if it gets really cold (colder weather will require more fuel and pressure will drop). You should be fine though.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

HPFP is good for piece of mind.The general consensus has changed from 2011 from you don't need a HPFP until BT to a must have with any engine mod
    Last edited by chef; 12-05-2014 at 08:16 AM.

I suffer from boost/fuel cut when its cold. I have TZR internals i bought from MPS garage in Syd.

Mods:
    =====
    Cobb SF + TIH
    CX Racing FMIC
    200CPSI cat hiflo
    Full T/back exht. with split DP. - pipes 3" primary 2.5" at exht split. Zetti mufflers
    Fidanza flywheel and Spec st 3 clutch. (alot more torque)

I have a Cobb Ap and I am runing an unmodified Stage 1 & 2 map. and I hit fuel cut and boost cut this winter but i think its due to my tune. I installed the internals myself and ran her in. everything was fine until i fitted the split DP. then i hit Boost/Fuel cut. i believe it is simply i need to modify the tune. I tried adjusting the wastegate duty cycle tables but forgot to modify the short term fuel trims. I had a bit of knock +2.3 for 200ms but then all good. So i rol;led it back to standard. my HPFP press. at idle is 350psi tapering up to 1200 when slowly acc. @ 6K RPM it dops to 350 and then hits fuel cut.

it's a tuning issue for sure. jut dont have the spatre $$ to get it dyno'd. w2ill wait for warmer months to punch it

- Slix.

I strongly believe it is moe o a tuning issue
    MPS6 "The Maz"

Driveline:
    Spec stage 3 clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, CPe Diff mount

Engine:
    CXracing front mount, Greddy RZ BOV, Cobb SRI & TIP, Cobb AP Stage 2, TZR HPFP upgrade, Hurricane Split dump, Full 3" exhaust 1 cat delete.

Logs?
    If you're hitting sub 1600psi at WOT, your internals aren't keeping up...

Never heard of TZR's anywhere but diirps... The instructions mention carpe diem which seem to be hated by MSF due to poor machining/tolerances...

diirps strikes again.......

@SarcasticOne

I might do later tonight i'll go for a few runs and post logs. let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Slixxor View Post
    jut dont have the spatre $$ to get it dyno'd.
    Solution: rayd, stratified, freek

Dam sounds like a faulty HPFP , good luck with warrenty

sorry for the lack of logs, went out with the wife lastnight to Mikes Kitchen for ribs and several JD's. it's my friday today so i'll go for a squirt tonight. hopefully it'll hit boost/fuel cut. so you guys can see the results. i'm quite technical electronically and software wise but i lack the experience of reading the logs effectively. hopefully @SarcasticOne can shed his expertise
    MPS6 "The Maz"

Driveline:

Engine:
    CXracing front mount, Greddy RZ BOV, Cobb SRI & TIP, Cobb AP Stage 2, TZR HPFP upgrade, Hurricane Split dump, Full 3" exhaust 1 cat delete.

@SarcasticOne
    ok guys heres the logs:

http://www.slixxor.com/datalog27.csv
    http://www.slixxor.com/datalog28.csv

map is a relatively stock Stg 1 COBB SF & TIH & IC - only mod is my idle.
    The second run also hit fuel/boost cut. so you can see how low it goes.

if i bypass the pressure reg it holds a steady 1650psi but runs rich as.
    Last edited by Slixxor; 09-08-2014 at 07:03 AM.
    MPS6 "The Maz"

Driveline:

Engine:

@Slixxor do not go WOT again... 16psi, mid to high 13 AFR's are a recipe for ZZB

your hpfp pressure is completely screwed up... at WOT you have pressure in the 400-500psi range (ZZB BAD!!!) then when you let off, it shoots to 1700psi, so either the internals are stuffed or your relief rail isnt working properly...

who installed them? do you still have stock internals? if so, put the stock ones back in!!!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

@SarcasticOne
    I did the install as per several sets of instructions online. You could see the Knock of 5+ @ around 4.5K. When I did the install I lubricated everything with 5w-40 and cleaned all internals. I didnt check the cam follower for damage mind you. it might be a torqueing issue. i torqued the main bolt to 60 ft/lbs. i might just buy a set of Autotech. and yes I do have the stock ones. Do you think I could get away with stock?
    MPS6 "The Maz"

Driveline:

Engine:

Quote Originally Posted by Slixxor View Post
    @SarcasticOne
    I did the install as per several sets of instructions online. You could see the Knock of 5+ @ around 4.5K. When I did the install I lubricated everything with 5w-40 and cleaned all internals. I didnt check the cam follower for damage mind you. it might be a torqueing issue. i torqued the main bolt to 60 ft/lbs. i might just buy a set of Autotech. and yes I do have the stock ones. Do you think I could get away with stock?
    Yeah, it's cause your fuel pressure is terrible, so the car doesn't supply enough fuel, and it runs lean...

I think you'll be better with stock internals... Worst case, go back to stock internals and run stage 0... At the moment the trz are worse than stock...

@SarcasticOne

Where are you located? I'm on the Gold Coast. It would be good to catch up and discuss a few other queries as well. my mobile is 0428880713. drop me a text or call so we can chat.

- Dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12