User Tag List

Thread: Epic lol

Default Epic lol :)

Yeah, so I'm a complete nub and managed to snap one of the bolts that shut the BPV to the engine.

It's basically holding on by one bolt with half a bolt stuck in the mount.

Managed to test it with one bolt under careful driving and there's nothing wrong but I don't want to drive with just one bolt holding the BPV.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 30-03-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

the old method was to Drill the old bolt out, tap the hole to make new threads, and then find a new bolt that fits.

Then they invented Easy outs (like the link above), saves the threads, so all you need to do is find an appropriate size bolt.

the easy outs/broken bolt removers can be found at bunnings or your hardware store.

Thanks for the replies!

RAC managed to drill, remove and re tap it for me so it's all good. What's even better is that it cost me $0.

Apparently it only took like 5 mins so it wasn't worth charging, especially when you have to count the discount so they would've been giving me money rather than the other way around.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

$0! Win