User Tag List

Thread: Audiolink USB / AUX adaptor

Default Audiolink USB / AUX adaptor

Item: Audiolink USB / AUX adaptor for Mazda 6
    Item Condition: Excellent
    Reason for selling: upgrading
    Price and price conditions: $50 posted Australia wide. DD or cash.
    Extra Info: This may fit other models such as the 3, but others / a search will need to confirm this as I'm not sure.
    Pictures: as required.

2. Default

Fits non-bose? Tempted but I just bought a new ipod... decisions decisions

Hi mate,

Which model of Audiolink do you have? Do you have a product weblink? Can you use the audio control on the steering wheel to navigate music on the iPod?

Thanks!

4. Default

Just reconfirming fits into the bose H/U in MPS6? and the controls on steering still function?

How much postage to 2153?

Thanks,!

Postage to 3030?

I may soon have the genuine Mazda iPood adapter available...

[edit] just realised posed price includes postage... facepalm... [/edit]

Chris.

Hey everyone. I'm not 100% with the Ipod connectivity and how to etc (as I boycott Apple :P) but I'll try and answer your questions as best as I can.

What model is the unit and do I have a weblink to it?

I'm not 100% as I acquired this from another member, but on its casing it has AL2005U if that helps. It comes with the original paperwork etc but doesn't have any clearly defined model numbers sorry.

Will it work with Bose Stereo and can you still use the steering wheel controls?

Yes and yes. I currently have it installed in my MPS6 with Bose Stereo. The only thing that may prove to be a bit annoying is that when you turn your car off it doesn't start from where the song was up to - it will replay the song from the beginning. It also seems to only play 'some' USBs I've hooked up to it, but plays every MP3 player I've connected via USB (may have something to do with software or something?)

Can the steering controlls navigate music on an Ipod?

If the Ipod can be connected via auxilliary or USB input then yes. I've currently got my MP3 player connected via the USB input and it works flawlessly

Does it fit non bose?

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure but the paperwork does mention that some mazda6 models will need to short the circuit L716. It also mentions that it isn't compatible with the external CD changer (is that the non bose system?) but works with the in dash.

A couple of photos of the audiolink

Last edited by skyna; 30-03-2011 at 02:59 PM.

7. Default

Onyx, this one isn't compatible for a Ipod using steering wheel functions, as AUX and USB connections don't provide that interface. Audiolink sell another unit specifically for Ipod usage.

skyna, I'd snap this up right now (no joke), but my father just told me he's buying one of those ebay sat nav units for my 23rd birthday. Guess I can wait another few months to play MP3s...

Someone jump on this!

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    Onyx, this one isn't compatible for a Ipod using steering wheel functions, as AUX and USB connections don't provide that interface. Audiolink sell another unit specifically for Ipod usage.

skyna, I'd snap this up right now (no joke), but my father just told me he's buying one of those ebay sat nav units for my 23rd birthday. Guess I can wait another few months to play MP3s...

Someone jump on this!
    Thanks for clearing that up! Appreciated! I've been eyeing those sat navs off too - you'll have to post up with how you find it etc

Thanks guys! I'm after a unit which I can hook my iPod Nano to and be able to change tracks using the steering wheel controls. And to be able to continue on the same track after stopping the car...

Not a priority purchase at the moment... Insurance is due soon... sucks...

10. Default

interested!!! sorry i may have misread so its $50 posted? or plus postage?

$50 posted anywhere in Australia. Postage shouldn't be heaps so I'll just cover it

Audiolink is gone Thanks everyone!