User Tag List

Thread: BL MPS3 brakes - good/bad?

Default BL MPS3 brakes - good/bad?

Hi All,

I've recently noticed my brakes dont seem to be biting that well.
    The brake feel feels very numb/wooden. If I gently increase pressure after giving her a good squirt, they dont seem to bite any harder, the more pressure I give them.

Mind you, they do stop me, but for a car with loads of pace, the brakes dont seem to match.
    My GH 6 auto had better brakes I think.

The car is only at 900-odd klms, so would they still be bedding in?

Anyone else have this issue or any advice to offer?

thanks heaps, Muz
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

They Could still be bedding in, after about 1000km's they should be well on their way tho. I think mine started really biting soon after 1000k's from memory, maybe 1500.

The stock brakes are excellent once theyre working properly, the stock fluid doesn't hold up very well at the track but the brakes themselves are amazing for a factory set. I've tracked my car twice now and once the fluid was replaced they are holding up very well to real punishment.

Sounds like the brake fluid is cactus already... Change it to some better aftermarket stuff

the fluid will only be cactus if he's been driving like a lunatic. It took a really hard thrash at the track for me to ruin my stock fluid.

I can assure you, i havent been driving like a noob or doing any hard lunges under brakes either.
    Just normal braking.

spotted you the other day Muzza - Shafeston Ave - I was turning right toward East Bris - Coorparoo.

Dependant on how hard you mash the brakes will determine the life. If you've been doing prolonged high speed braking, the pads can sometime become glazed - meaning replacement pads (happens when the pads get very hot).

Yeah doesn't sound right Muzza. I'd be getting Mazda to look at them

Similar to the comments above, the stock brakes on the MPS are very good. I'm at just under 3500 k's in mine and haven't had an ounce of trouble. I push the car fairly hard from time to time also. No track work though (yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk