User Tag List

Thread: CV Joints - anyone had theres die?

Default CV Joints - anyone had theres die?

So I have been noticing recently when turning hard a quite obvious wonging noise coming from the front. Now it is starting to creep into less hard turns and not on full lock. Dad is thinking the CV joints are going. Sounds about right to me, just wondering has anyone else had this problem as I have only done 66xxxks

What type of car?

Sure its not the Infamous Wong noise from the diff?

Changed Transmission fluid recently?

Noise is only present when turning with slow but steady acceleration?

MPS3. Not sure has the diff wong ever changed for anyone? As in I used to only get it on turning in full lock, now it happens to occur on most turns, especially at lower speeds. As higher speeds things get drowned out by the exhaust :/

My last car I had to get the CV joints replaced as they were worn out... But that was more of a clunky kind of noise rather then a wonging...
    Not sure if it is different in different cars though.

On full lock in my 3 going very slow (like pulling into a park) I get a slight bump at even intervals like a bulging tyre, but brand new tyres. I havent listened to it at speed but can't feel it when going a bit quicker. I took it to pedders for a check and they reckon nothing, but I can feel it and its very noticeable. I felt it before I got new tyres and put it doen to that but can also feel it with new tryes, I thought it may have been air tyre pressure down but althought down (32psi) not flat by any means???
    All Things 2XS

CV joints will cause a clicking noise, NOT a wonging. Sounds like a front diff problem...

When's the last time your gearbox/diff oil was changed?

My gearbox oil was changed be the Grajy himself not 3 weeks ago, diff god only knows, might take it to city suspension or fulcrum and see what the go is.

Not sure about your noise though Dwayne.
    Let me know what it is though please.

Mate I will try to get it booked in when I can, work is flat out at the moment and am doing my job and the guy who is on holidays

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Amd its not really a noise as such just a bump....bump......bump.......bump at full lock to the right, it might be the same for full lock left, but not sure. I only noticed it due to my work car park being polished concrete and smooth as, but it is very noticeable
    All Things 2XS

Im having the same noise occurring. Slow speed. wheel turned ( not always at full lock ) and i can hear a wong wong wong noise. as i straighten up it goes away?

When you say it could be a diff problem? is it a serious diff problem or just fluids needing to be topped up?

Diff fluid to be changed I believe