User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6MPS custom bicycle carrier

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Do you mean one bolt holding up the stand or only one side holding the mount? I read it as you would worry only having one side bolted in and it would move if it was not correctly tightened, the mount is bolted in on each side of the bumper so it cant move
    Sorry I should've been more descriptive. Yes, I mean the one bolt holding up the stand. But as Toddy mentioned, it won't be going nowhere. I was merely foreseeing a moment where I won't have a spanner or socket with me... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Thanks mate. I agree that 2 bolts where the rack attaches to the mount would be far better but as all bike racks including the one I already had only come with the single hole for tow ball attachment i decided to keep it standard. Trust me after I tightened that bolt there was no way the rack was going to move

Have no issues with people making similar designs. If I remember tomorrow i'll put a copy of the fabrication drawing with material list in my first post
    OH! That makes sense! For some reason I thought you made the stand/bike holder too. It's good to know I could buy one off ebay (just found one actually lol). Cheers again pal. I should have access to the needed tools and materials from the family business, but having an extra set of dimensions won't go astray.

ps: I'll make an intro thread soon

Not looking to make money just trying to help other forum members. This forum has helped me so much i though i better give back to the community

If someone really did want one of these mounts and didn't have access to the required tools and materials I might be able to get them made but not sure on the cost. Postage would also be expensive due to weight.

Btw if your in NSW definitely worth getting the number plate made up for the carrier. I know of a number of my mates who have been fined because writing it on card or some plastic isn't sufficient, you have to get the RTA approved plates apparently.

Now of that isn't revenue raising I don't know what is, but yeah last year the cops waited on the freeway on the way to a bike race and pulled anyone not displaying their plate properly and issued a fine.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Btw if your in NSW definitely worth getting the number plate made up for the carrier. I know of a number of my mates who have been fined because writing it on card or some plastic isn't sufficient, you have to get the RTA approved plates apparently.

Now of that isn't revenue raising I don't know what is, but yeah last year the cops waited on the freeway on the way to a bike race and pulled anyone not displaying their plate properly and issued a fine.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    OMG
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Fabrication drawing added to first post. Sorry for the bad quality

Might look better (easier to read) when on model space CAD (maybe a print screen or PDF conversion then attach) ...send it to me in dwg format if you like

I tried to print screen but for some reason it wasn't working correctly. If i print screen from model space you wont see the item schedule

PDF added to first post
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 29-03-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Nice idea!
    I managed to get a bike in my boot but had to take 1 tyre off, use elastic (occy?) straps and a blanket to stop the boot from rubbing on the bike etc.
    Was hoping to get into bike riding again, but wasn't sure how to transport 1 or 2 bikes to a bike trail without getting a fail looking bike rack :/
    Will definitely be looking at this again after I get a new bike!!! Thanks mate )

No worries mate. Glad I could help

10. Default

Hi there,
    Fantastic idea and that is exactly what I have in mind months ago, but I have no metal work skill to constructing one :-(
    However, found this in the U.S site : How-To: Folding rear seats in MS6
    Have anyone seen it and make it work here ?

Yeah I've had the rear boot cover and black support bars out for years. I'm always pulling down the seats, most of the time to put my road bike in there :-)
    I've got a mate fabricating me the rear bar carrier, so I can go on a holiday with the bike.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?10jnbf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12