User Tag List

Thread: Sure Motorsports (street) rear engine mount

Default Sure Motorsports (street) rear engine mount

Just some quick impressions on the Sure Motorsports street REM.

Fitment appears to be as easy as any other mount, can't say for certain, because Mitch chucked it in while Sam and I were hanging crap on him lol.

The hour and a half drive home gave me a chance for an initial review of the mounts performance and drawbacks.

The Good

• Noise no worse than Corksport inserts

• Holds the motor very still. Can really feel it locking the engine in place, especially under power, or when cornering

• Vibes are minimal, certainly less than the CPE mount.
    • Reduced nose lift under hard acceleration quite a lot.
    • Looks awesome.

The Bad

• More vibes at idle, or with air con on than Corksport inserts.
    • Strange vibration at around 2500rpm under light acceleration.
    • Harmonic vibration feeding back into the cabin when coasting at low revs.

Overall

A worthy competitor to the Cpe REM. Holds the engine in place as well, if not better, than the Cpe REM, with the added bonus of lesser NVH transfer.

The vibrations transferring into the cabin at 2500rpm are a possible issue since this is around cruising revs in the Gen 2 at highway speeds, but could subside as the mount wears in.

Definitely a worthwhile purchase in my eyes, and certainly up to the job of holding a modified MPS engine in place under hard acceleration.

I will update my impressions after a couple of thousand k's of bed in.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

think jase summed it up pretty well
    i dont have the 2500rpm vibes like jase... flooring it in 2nd and 3rd certainly feels better, no idea about 1st yet

there was a substantially bigger difference for me... mainly cause my old mount was pretty screwed
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/off-t...tml#post163659

gearshift is substantially better actually feel like it's going somewhere rather than im guessing... only time i feel anything is when moving and revs are <1000rpm, or when sitting at idle and the aircon kicks in... once moving, nothing

mine seemed harder to get off (gen 1 vs gen 2 thing?) or at least there was more swearing whilst removing it

had a pair of passengers in the car with me shortly after install, so if they want to chime in with impressions from where they were sitting, they can

Great big thanks to mitch for his work
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

The part is made nice and solid, the motor isn't going anywhere! The mount is a work of art, you can feel that it is strong by the weight of it! Fittment is simple with no access issues due to surrounding parts. The mount sits in a neutral position with the engine, meaning there is no load on the mount when installing, then manufacture is spot on and once tightend in position your driveline will stay in better alignment. The Vibes in sams car at idle were noticable but no more then you would expect when stiffing up any part of your cars driveline.
    This is a good upgrade and would recommend this for standard cars alone.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Your bolts were tight Sam, needed to use RAARR! to get them un done lol

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Istallation into the 6 will be easy (different part) however I do know once that mount is out of a 6 that the engine swings in the bay freely, this may make you worry on install but dont panic! lol

nice one guys

You were complaining about the shipping when they were delivering it Sam, did the tracking work properly for you or was it just cheap postage without tracking?

Mine was shipped last week, and all the tracker is telling me is "Electronic shipping info received"

Last time I had that the thing eventually arrived but I had no idea when.

I got the 6-10 day option, and it stayed like that for 3 to 4 days, then said it left the US...

When I get to work will update my timeline

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Detailed Results:

Delivered Abroad, March 25, 2011, 11:56 am, AUSTRALIA
    Attempted Delivery Abroad, March 24, 2011, 8:51 am, AUSTRALIA
    At Foreign Delivery Unit, March 23, 2011, 7:51 am, AUSTRALIA
    Out of Foreign Customs, March 22, 2011, 10:42 am, AUSTRALIA
    Into Foreign Customs, March 21, 2011, 10:57 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Arrived Abroad, March 21, 2011, 10:56 pm, AUSTRALIA
    International Dispatch, March 16, 2011, 5:05 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
    Arrival
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 15, 2011

that's my info, which i got from the USPS website (updates quicker)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I had one of these installed on Friday by Troy but it seems I was lucky(er) as I only get above stock resonance through the cabin at about 1-1.5k. The pros definitely outweigh the cons as the car does feel alloy better! +1 for the looks of it too!

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Also recommend tracking through USPS site!

8. Default

Got one of these fitted today(Stealth Black+Street). Reconance is quite high on a fresh install. And quite harsh when aitcon is on.

It was also 80k service and allot of changes in general. So i am deffenitely going to give it a good settle in period. As for the feel to be honest i quite like the feel of it. Way nicer on the road and deffenitely dont feel any engine movement also makes me want to get my exaust done to get some nicer tone out of the car to go with the vibes.

Will advise after i do a few hundred k to see if things smooth out.

Gen 1 mps3
    Stock mount looked rather average compared to how this thing is built.

9. Default

Done about 500k so far. Vibes at idle settled but not 100% gone. Still feels rough while it settles to full idle. 5-6 gear highway driving passes allot of engine vibes through to cabin (mostly in way of noise). Car does feel better when riding 1st in traffic less bounce.

Under air con idle still horrid.

I kind of like and don't like it. I also not thrilled with last mazda service looke like they overfilled engine the oil. Checking oil cold the dipstick is about double over the max line. So don't know how well the mount was fitted either now.

I think it's also how cars take to the engine mount i've got a dog bone mount and mine is noticeable at idle with AC on and at around 3200 backing off, everywhere else is normal... I've had it in for a while though maybe im used to it.

Just Order myself one ...

Still waiting for mine - blue street - Ordered April 12th. They "hope" to have them finished by 20th of June !

Woah that's incredible, they must be selling like hotcakes to have a wait that long!

Yeah i just got that "depressing" email.. at least i get a free t-shirt

I keep emailing them for an update. Hopefully end of June is right this time.

can any1 compare this to the 60 or 75 duro CPE mounts? I'm curious as to which of the 2 CPE duros the SURE product is closer to. I'm tempted to get one to compare to the 60 duro I have, then keep the one I like better. looking for added stiffness without much increased NVH compared to the 60 duro

I emailed mark he told me another 2 weeks. I personally am going with the CP-e just because I can't wait another 2 weeks lol

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    can any1 compare this to the 60 or 75 duro CPE mounts? I'm curious as to which of the 2 CPE duros the SURE product is closer to. I'm tempted to get one to compare to the 60 duro I have, then keep the one I like better. looking for added stiffness without much increased NVH compared to the 60 duro
    the sure guys were extremely hard to get comparisons out of, but someone managed to get info that supposedly said the street was equivalent to 70 duro and the track is 90 duro. (I have the track and there is much more nvh over stock).
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.