User Tag List

Thread: Signing out!

Wink Signing out!

I have been a bit stealth on here, rarely posting or responding ... just perusing, reading. Also wondering why I have not really been spotted considering the amount of kilometres I do.
    I've took delivery of my BL MPS in late October 2009, and after 55,000 fun filled km's, it's time to part ways.
    I bought a mountain bike that needs the seats folded and front wheel off to fit, leaving me with a car full of bike. I'm not a fan of roof racks, so it came down to something bigger. Since I don't use the backseat, I have ordered a VE Series II SS-V Ute manual with hard tonneau etc.
    Since signing the contract, I have changed my opinion on Prius's (Prii?), Insights, small econo-diesels ... the more of these on the road balances out and justifies my purchase of a 6.0L V8!
    I think my MPS knows she's going - she seems to be giving a little more boost, sound a little more throaty and giving a little more attitude than she has of recent times. I will miss the cheeky little bitch!
    Enjoy your MPSing - I know I have.

Cheers!
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

2. Default

WOW so have you sold your MPS ... not knowing what a BL is is that a gen2 ?

Also wheere is newstead for you to be spotted

Good luck with your mountain bike riding and your V8

Just goes to show how often I use this ... I moved from Newstead 12mths ago to Ascot!

Yes, BL = Gen 2.

BK = Gen 1
    BL = Gen 2

There ya go Mel

Sorry to see you go.

I was also having problems transporting my bike. if only you had the 6mps you could have done what i did recently.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...e-carrier.html

Nice set up!
    I don't keep a car for more than a couple of years, so will see what's about in 2 yrs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpMPS View Post
    Nice set up!
    I don't keep a car for more than a couple of years, so will see what's about in 2 yrs or so.
    MPS 6 wagon would be nice

Sorry to see you go mate, enjoy the new beast! Post some pics when you get her.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Here's the MPS replacement ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6261.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	8095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6255.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	8096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6234.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	8097
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

Nice ride...! As fun to drive as the MPS?

Thanks. It's a lot easier to launch fast as you are not trying to find that spot between bog down and traction control going rampant. Went to the GC today and you need to shuffle back a couple of gears to get acceleration from 110km/h (where the MPS pulls pretty strong even in 6th). Sounds awesome ... and has a very strong fuel pump. lol

So what's wrong with sticking the bike on a rear rack attached to a tow-hitch, as I do?? Then you could keep the MPS.........;-)

12. Default

Ditto

FWIW and bearing in mind you have sold your car so its kind of pointless but I reckon my Gen 2 3 Looks ace with roof racks on and a number of people on here think that as well.

Nice Ute, looks fairly flash inside.

im doing the same thing at the moment selling the mps for an xr6 turbo ute as i need the room for 2 road bikes and also surfboards as one of the boards is a mini mal

ute does look good mate

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wados View Post
    im doing the same thing at the moment selling the mps for an xr6 turbo ute as i need the room for 2 road bikes and also surfboards as one of the boards is a mini mal

ute does look good mate
    270KW + 530NM + light rear end + leaf springs = lots of fun and dirty pants moments