User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Springs quotes

Talking King Springs quotes

Hey guys,

I've got a quick query on the King spring costs. I've been quoted from a few suspension places as to how much a supply and fit would cost and so far I've compiled a small comparison list.

The Tyre Factory (x): $500 supply and fit 3 - 4 hours
    The Tyre Factory (y): $700 approx supply and fit All day
    The Tyre Factory (z): $750 supply and fit Half-day +
    Wilkinsons suspension centre: $570 supply and fit All day
    WA suspension: $700 supply and fit All day

I've got it booked in with Wilkinsons only because I felt comfortable talking with those people and they were quite friendly.

I'm curious as to why TTF (x) was so cheap and why it would take so little time as compared to the others.

Any light shed would be appreciated!
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

All day ? Took us noobs a few hours and we didn't have a hoist. If I remember we done half one day and half the next, but we weren't rushing and could have done it in a day easy I reckon. $750 is a tad much I reckon. If you're happy with Wilkinsons go with them...

Rog will fit them for you he's a pro

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Rog will fit them for you he's a pro
    No warranty though

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Spring replacement is not difficult on the mps6. It took me one hour 30 mins to do both rears - 45 mins each side, with just hand tools.

The fronts I could not do, as I could not get the top bolts off the strut, but I had the strut out in about 30 minutes, so assume it would take about the same time, if I had access to a rattle gun.

$570 supplied and fitted for kings springs is not too bad. Hope this includes an alignment.

I'm a mechanic by trade, and I fitted King Springs to my MPS3.
    Cost me $88 for the fronts and the same again for the rears. $196 full set. Took me nearly 3 hours at work on a hoist after the day of working on customer cars. I did however make a couple of boo-boo's which I fixed on the night, so it'd take me less time to do them if I was ever to do them again...

My bro and i done just lowering springs in 2 hrs without hoist.. coilovers in 1.5 hrs 1hr extra in driving and playing about to get it to sit just right 2.5hrs

FYI Wilkinson's did my 6 and have done many other MPS 6's so they're pretty good, mine only took a few hours - drop off in the morning pick up after lunch! Was about $525 3 years ago.

^ Lol, there's your answer(s)! Cheap and ...call it 3-4 hours for installation.

Back in the day - APE suspension - $500 fitted, not too sure if that included the wheel alignment as well - half a day

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I rang Wilkinson's back and asked why it would take so long and it was because they've got a big workload on that day, and considering they're doing it on Monday, 1 business day after I made the inquiry I'd say that's acceptable.

$570 supplied and fitted for kings springs is not too bad. Hope this includes an alignment.
    Yes it does include a Wheel alignment, I was very specific about that.

^ Lol, there's your answer(s)! Cheap and ...call it 3-4 hours for installation.
    I'd like to do it myself and save some bucks but I don't have enough confidence in tinkering with that sort of stuff. Maybe after I've seen a few more installation vids or seen a few done in person I may be able to do it in the future, but as far as my technical expertise goes, I'll stick with the really simple installations.

I'd say the only thing I'm not liking is that Wilkinson's is all the way in Bayswater, which is pretty much Woop Woop to me.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    FYI Wilkinson's did my 6 and have done many other MPS 6's so they're pretty good, mine only took a few hours - drop off in the morning pick up after lunch! Was about $525 3 years ago.
    That reassures me a lot Shakespeare, thanks!
    Mazda6 MPS

do it yourself and save $200.

kings cost $280-$300. you can get teins for $330-$350 on ebay. much better spring. if you are really savvy and happy to buy from USA eBay, then you can get Teins for uner $300
    Last edited by projectrracing; 26-03-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Hey Mr. Cheese.

Any chance of before and after photos?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    Hey Mr. Cheese.

Any chance of before and after photos?

Thanks.
    "Mr. Cheese". I like the sound of that...

Yeah sure, I'll upload them on Monday, that's when they're getting installed.
    Mazda6 MPS

Hey Mr Cheese.

Any chance you could run a set of calipers over the front, and provide before and after minimum ground-to-lip measurements for us as well?

Thanks.

hey mr cheese.

Any chance you could run a set of calipers over the front, and provide before and after minimum ground-to-lip measurements for us as well?

Thanks.
    Umm...

Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 26-03-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Hey Mr Cheese.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    Umm...

One of these perhaps?

R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    One of these perhaps?

...a fancy way of asking you to measure the before and after clearance.
    I'd like to drop my 6, but I have an awkward driveway.
    For example, KMH001's car would have to stay outside- I like the way it looks, but it's just too low for my place.
    Once you have the car done, feel free to PM me. If you can bring the car down my drive, a block of cheese of your choosing is yours.
    Stilton, Gruyere, Wensleydale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast