User Tag List

Thread: TWM Full Replacement Shifter - MPS Gen 1

Default TWM Full Replacement Shifter - MPS Gen 1

After a number of weeks of waiting my TWM Full Replacement Shifter has arrived and l must say the unit looks and feels extremely solid with not one bit of plastic to be found. I am having it installed tomorrow so l can't comment on its performance just yet but let's say l am hopefully looking forward to saying goodbye to those dog shifts between first & second gears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWM 2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	7979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWM 1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	7980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWM 3.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	7981  

Quote Originally Posted by cak View Post
    After a number of weeks of waiting my TWM Full Replacement Shifter has arrived and l must say the unit looks and feels extremely solid with not one bit of plastic to be found. I am having it installed tomorrow so l can't comment on its performance just yet but let's say l am hopefully looking forward to saying goodbye to those dog shifts between first & second gears.
    Looks the goods, Good luck!

Very nice mate.

Throw up a review on it when you've had it installed and played with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guys at City Mazda in SA did a great job of installing my new shifter, they were all extremely interested and very impressed with the overall build quality. It went in no problems with the hardest thing being reconnecting the shifter cables onto the TWM assembly, the fit was tight and they had to give them a bit of a tap to get them to click into place. The instructions supplied by TWM were second to none and the kit even comes with a special tool to pry the cables off the stock shifter to avoid any damage. Setting up the adjustment of the shifter was also relatively easy and well described in the instructions provided. I guess my only criticism of the kit was that they didn’t supply any grease to apply to the reverse lockout plate, l did purchase a tube with my order for about $3 or so but for the small amount you need l just would have thought it would be included.
    I have posted a small clip on YouTube of the first test drive prior to reconnecting the centre console, it gives you a good idea of how direct the shifts are and the amount of movement in the shifter, which let me tell you is very little. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkEMlAk1_zI By this stage l couldn’t wait to have a drive and when l did l was not disappointed. It feels completely different in such a good way. The shifts are short, direct, precise and very quick. First is set very close to the neutral position with little LH sidewards movement necessary and that dog shift between first and second that you get with the stock shifter is gone!! Even the height is good, l was a little worried about that but it feels very comfortable. You are also able to purchase an extension piece from TWM to increase the height which l think l might do just to play with.
    The guys at TWM have done and exceptional job with this bit of kit and it oozes quality, l would without doubt recommend it anyone, two thumbs up from me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Install 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	7997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Install 3.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	7998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Install 2.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	7999