User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mps?

And I have to add - if you want a fast car to get girls and be cool, don't...Women don't care about cars. (generally)

The best woman I've ever met in my life is the one I'm dating now, she likes the floormats and that my car is clean...so if you're trying to impress the ladies then a car is a definite fail, have learnt from experience.

Dunno about you but when I was 18 I wasn't lusting after cars

$2500 a year in insurance payments converted to money in your pocket can make significant progress to a hell of a lot of fun as a young bloke...just saying

@rfzd Thankyou for that, tbh I hadn't really considered extra running costs, and it is something to think about.

@TD I wouldn't have thought an MPS would be the type of car to get girls anyway?? Not enough chrome haha
    You say that $2500 is a lot of fun, but I think I would rather spend it on a nice car than just waste it away partying, that seems more sensible to me

But you lot have definitely given me some things to consider, and not really what I would have expected on an MPS forum, but your honesty is appreciated.

Hey at least you are smart about it! Saying that $2500 is better spent on something of use (ie car) then huge weekend parties. Good man!

If your able to come out to the BBQ on the 3rd of April have a chat to some of the MPS6 owners, see how much running it costs them as that will help muchly

Quote Originally Posted by rfzd View Post
    Hey at least you are smart about it! Saying that $2500 is better spent on something of use (ie car) then huge weekend parties. Good man!

If your able to come out to the BBQ on the 3rd of April have a chat to some of the MPS6 owners, see how much running it costs them as that will help muchly
    I would but I'll be at work... paying for my insurance

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    I think more the issue is that I am unsure if any insurer will take on board an 18 year old who owns a turbo car.

I know alot of them now have a clause for under 25's with hi-po cars.
    On that note, I myself had trouble getting insurance with a few of them companies (just wouldnt even quote) despite being 28 and owned a car for over 2 years with no accidents at all. Unbelievable...

Wow thats strange I never had a problem. I had one guy on the phone say they couldn't do it till I said I was in the ACT which is an entirely part of australia to NSW. That quickly fixed it.

Bummer, sucks that you will be at work

I've had my FULL licence since 18, and I NEVER had insurance until I was 24. I'm not suggesting that's the way to go, but driving a >$700 POS, and being on apprentice wages, coming from a 'not so dollar'd up (or at all) home, Insurance seemed a 'luxury'
    When I received my first lot of insurance for my 8yo, on finance, EL XR8, it cost me $1050annual because of no claims made and 6 years experience under my belt. NOW, I'm about to turn 30, and my modded MPS3 costs me $1080annually.
    What's my point? I don't have one. Just that insurance companies charge alot.
    Just make sure it IS ok to drive ANYTHING with an MPS badge on it before you buy one. Just because 'P' platers drive cars, DOESN'T mean they're allowed. Just means they don't care about the law. If your law says it's ok, by all means, buy one! Just PLEASE, for the love of all shiney and sexy, don't drive like you stole it. Get to feel the car, build up some experience, and for the most part, just survive. This world doesn't need any more casualties on motor transport roads...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Thanks for the advice. I did have a POS corolla before my current car, and yes, I only had third party on that. But if some unregistered, uninsured dickhead did wite off my Mazda, $2300 a year is a lot cheaper than shelling out $16k.
    And I'm in the ACT, there are no restrictions on P-platers in terms of cars.

9. Default

Mate, from a 40 something old fart. Who probably loves the thrills of speed just as much as you do.
    Listen to the advice given, I was 18 just had my full licence for a year after 12 months driving experience. An old 40 something fart said to me "now you will learn to drive" and I still remember clear as day thinking, what does this @#$% know. I know how to drive.
    Those were the truest words ever spoken. You may know how to drive and corner fast, probably faster than me! It's the judgement errors that will kill you. Not anticipating that a car may be obscured by the truck you are about to overtake etc.
    Invest in some managed funds and in a few years reward yourself with a MPS cash!
    I remember being sideways on a highway looking up through the winscreen of a truck (going in the same direction as me) thinking this is going to hurt. I got away with it that time but things could of been a lot different.
    The MPS will put you in situations you don't need to be right now. At 40 something my bigest regret is not enjoying my youth more with friends and GIRLS, instead wasted doing up cars!
    Hey at the end of the day you will do what you want to, just take some advice and stay alive.
    Either way welcome aboad.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    And I have to add - if you want a fast car to get girls and be cool, don't...Women don't care about cars.
    Yeah generally true but I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    mmm, some might care... but unless it's something $$$ a girl probably wont care...
    a FD RX7 might work...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I do quite like my confident sexy womens car

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I do quite like my confident sexy womens car
    Lmao touché.

I just picked up a MPS6 and reading that trip computer can be a bit daunting. On average, i get 12.5 to 13l/100km compared to the 9.5l/100km that my integra type s would do, and that wasnt too bad on fuel for it's performance. Make sure you have a part time job that pays well because mps' can drink.

I'm also a uni student but work part time at place that pays well so it's not so bad. Just make sure you do well in uni so that you can compensate later in the future for what you lose now.

Quote Originally Posted by dnguy View Post
    I just picked up a MPS6 and reading that trip computer can be a bit daunting. On average, i get 12.5 to 13l/100km compared to the 9.5l/100km that my integra type s would do, and that wasnt too bad on fuel for it's performance. Make sure you have a part time job that pays well because mps' can drink.

I'm also a uni student but work part time at place that pays well so it's not so bad. Just make sure you do well in uni so that you can compensate later in the future for what you lose now.
    Try resetting it and run it on a premium fuel. I get around 11ish with a bit of spirited driving, on hwy I see under 10L easy. 12.5L is a bit high unless its short frequent drives you're doing with a bit of fun.
    A non turbo small engine is always going to use less fuel and they're generally lighter too. The difference is...they're usually behind you!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I average around 10L/100kms. I'm tuned though...

hwy, 7ish
    city... 13-14, but i live in inner city sydney... i spend more time using my brakes than accelerator... took me 2.5 hours to travel 35k's the other day 1/4 of a tank, goneskies!

Well assuming all goes well, I'm hoping to sell my 6 in about a month and hopefully get an mps

@Iceman, thankyou for the advice, and rest assured I will be doing defensive driving courses to help me get the most out of my car and hopefully stay alive.
    As for enjoying my youth, well I'm sure I would regret it when I was 40 if I didn't buy a fun car. I'm actually really enjoying life at the moment anyway!

Awesome news that you are still set on the MPS. More fun when your young!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12