User Tag List

Thread: New turbo under warranty...

Default New turbo under warranty...

So I've just picked up my car after having my turbo and seals replaced under warranty, after noticing smoke appearing out of my exhaust (odometer reads about 34500 k's), and I've just got a few general questions:

1. Have Mazda re-engineered the turbo and/or seals? It appears to be a fairly common problem with the MPS's based on this forum, and I've just wondering whether Mazda has done anything to address the problems...am a bit concerned that it'll be a recurring problem, given the fact that I don't really drive like a lunatic, and I do let the car run on idle for a bit before switching it off.

2. There's a thread about getting an oil change after getting the turbo replaced, so should I have specified to Mazda to get it done? I've just had the car serviced in December (oil change then obviously), and I've just picked up my car today after getting the turbo and seals replaced, so is an oil change still necessary?

3. Is there a "running in" period with new turbos? I've found myself missing that turbo kick, been having withdrawal symptoms...;D Should I wait for a bit before giving it a bit of a fang, or is it good to go?

Thanks guys!

2. Default

My understanding is that the turbo they replace it with is a revised more robust model ... not sure about answers to your other questions...

its pretty good they replaced it under warranty guessing at the best your car would have been an 07 so for them to replace it in 2011 is pretty good going

They replaced the turbo to an up rated model with better seals.
    No need to bed the turbo in, have fun mate!
    No need to do a service after a turbo replace, but keep up with your services...

Thanks guys, that's good to know...
    Blackbetty, I got my car in Jan 2008, the dealer was trying to get rid of that model of 6's including this MPS, so I do have a bit more time left of the warranty...and yeah, thank God this happened now instead of later...
    Right, time to reacquaint myself with my precious...

Quote Originally Posted by Q-ship View Post
    Thanks guys, that's good to know...
    Blackbetty, I got my car in Jan 2008, the dealer was trying to get rid of that model of 6's including this MPS, so I do have a bit more time left of the warranty...and yeah, thank God this happened now instead of later...
    Right, time to reacquaint myself with my precious...
    How much have you got left on warranty?
    I thought Mazda was only 3 years from date of purchase, just like most manufacturers...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Sorry, my bad, car was bought early 09...still have 8 months or so left on the warranty, I think...