User Tag List

Thread: Intake for Mazdaspeed/MPS 6

Default Intake for Mazdaspeed/MPS 6

I've been thinking about getting an intake off ebay. I've noticed that some are advertised to suit the Gen 1 MPS 3. Will they also fit my MPS 6? Are there any differences between the MPS 3 and MPS 6 when it comes to air intakes?

Cheers.
    Last edited by wesley; 22-03-2011 at 03:24 PM.

I know they use different cold air intakes but not sure about SRI. Which option are you looking at?

SRI is the same, just different brackets required.

Is it an MZR one?

Not really too picky about the brand - I'll probably just go for one that's supported by the hypertech. I was a bit worried about the engine bay heat affecting the SRI but it seems that my SRI owners are happy.

When you drive an MPS with a boxed SRI, you will wonder why everyone hasn't got one. It makes a huge improvement in daily driving.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Not really too picky about the brand - I'll probably just go for one that's supported by the hypertech. I was a bit worried about the engine bay heat affecting the SRI but it seems that my SRI owners are happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    When you drive an MPS with a boxed SRI, you will wonder why everyone hasn't got one. It makes a huge improvement in daily driving.
    i have a 2XS boxed SRI, and it seems to work pretty well...
    i was playing around with torque, and watching the intake temps here:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...tml#post162381
    it was ~23-24 deg ambient... when stopped, the temps rose pretty quick, but once you get above about 25-30km/hr they drop pretty quickly, probably took ~25-30 seconds to get to 4-5 deg above ambient
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings