User Tag List

Thread: Car Battery

Default Car Battery

Hey guys, so ive stretched about 65thou k out of my stock battery, 4 years. Whats a good battery to replace with and why? Mazda want to charge about $150 for a new battery, say it comes with a 5 year warranty, yet the one the car comes with only has a 1 year, crap! lols.

Also wondering, my 60k service is going to cost me around $650.00 through Mazda. . . seems expensive. Is there any other reputable place that has the equipment and knowledge to service the MPS6? Pro's / con's to having it done elsewhere?

Help appreciated!
    Latool- far from normal

Just replaced my battery (60000K's, 06 model). Went with a Century, paid $125 (unfitted)

What's your budget for the new battery? Wet Cell - $125 - $200, Dry Cell - $250+.

I replaced mine with a sealed wet cell, for about $165. 5 year warranty through RACV, includes them coming out to me if the battery ever dies on me.

$650 for 60k service is a bit steep. You can try other mazda dealers in your area to see what you come up to, as the servicing price is dealership driven and not a mazda HQ thing.

This might help you with pricing of service;
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ew-thread.html

That battery price is about right. Are you still in warranty for service? If not, shop around. What dealer is that quote from? Sounds excessive.

I've heard South City Mazda is relatively cheap for servicing compared to other Brisbane dealers, never been there myself however. Might be worth a call.

Its Springwood Mazda. Yer i still have about 5 months warranty remaining. The battery i can get cheaper - mate works in the parts department. Shhh. But was going to get a different one if value for money is worth it. When i asked them why its so expensive i was simply told "they do the usual checks, wheel roation oil change filter, and so forth" I was like, whats the difference between this service and the 30k one i got then, just the price tag? lols.

Give you an idea on service cost in Melb.

70K service - $330
    80K service - $610

Why? - 80K is a major service. Replacing oil and filter, fuel filter, brake fluid, pollen filters, etc.
    70K - oil and filter change, diagnostics check