User Tag List

Thread: Headlight washers stopped working

Default Headlight washers stopped working

Hi guys,

As title says, I have noticed my headlight washers have stopped working. I have not seen it in action for a while when spraying my windscreen. Has anyone experienced this issue?

I mean it's kinda good that it stopped working because it makes your car dirty but at the end of the day, it seems like it's buggered!

Check for blown fuse, blocked feed lines or the pump or the wiring to it.
    In the MPS6 it's behind the RHF guard and the pump motor is at the bottom of the water reservoir. May be the same for the 3. In any event, you have to pull off the bottom shrouds under the front of the engine to get to it. You need double joints in your wrist to get at it.
    But check the washer pump fuse first, then the jets, then the wiring connections at the pump motor and the rubber lines to and from the pump.
    Is it dumping water on the ground? In that case, a line has come off.
    Can you hear the pump running? If not it is either not getting power or it is jammed with crud from the water, or you have lots of wax gumming up the jets, which you can clean gently with a pin.
    If the pump can be heard running freely, either you have insufficient water or the lines are blocked or may only be getting a partial trickle from one or more jets. Get someone to operate them while you examine them one at a time.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

i wish the washers were how they use to be back in the days where you had to do 2 quick blips of the headlight washer for them to activate and none of this lights are on, so ill wash every time /sigh

back on topic, as above check those and see how it goes

I hope you get them working again,
    After talking with Troy on the phone today he told me I had them !

I've had my gen 2 for nearly 12 months and had no idea what that little cover did !! Hahaha (newb) !

Umm I think it works now

Just out of curiosity, do the headlights need to be on for the headlight washer to trigger on a Gen 1 MPS 3? I tested it with the headlights on before and it worked but doesn't seem to work when headlights are off. I think they used to work when the headlights were off before?

It just seems to spray spasticly at random times when I had the headlights on and not every 5th time I washed my windscreen!

yes for Gen 1 MPS3 headlights now need to be on for the washers to work. it doesnt work anymore with the lights off

How come it used to work but doesn't anymore? I'm confused!

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    yes for Gen 1 MPS3 headlights now need to be on for the washers to work. it doesnt work anymore with the lights off

after an update maybe a year or a few months after the MPS3 was released it stopped that "feature" though when I asked them, they denied it was even there.

so now i usually flick my lights off and wash my windows