User Tag List

Thread: XEDE processor

Default XEDE processor

Hi guys
    I recently upgraded to 19" rims with 235 tires on my 6 mps. I can feel some difference though on the performance so I am thinking of getting the XEDE processor and tune it. The car is stock.
    Will this worth the trouble and the money? I can find the processor for around 500 bucks from US
    Cheers

you can do 2 things depending on your location and choice

get an xede or standback - intercepter style way of tuning
    or you can get a flash which writes directly over your cars ecu

both work and both will give you more power.

but if you were thinking of buying more power mods, then get those before an intercepter/flash otherwise each mod installed will usually require a visit to the shop to update the tune

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    you can do 2 things depending on your location and choice

get an xede or standback - intercepter style way of tuning
    or you can get a flash which writes directly over your cars ecu

both work and both will give you more power.

but if you were thinking of buying more power mods, then get those before an intercepter/flash otherwise each mod installed will usually require a visit to the shop to update the tune
    thanks mate
    If i start getting mods I will never finish which means I will never get the XEDE processor :-) besides modding cars its a painful and an expensive experience...
    I ve got a GTX overseas and it cost me a fortune to gather the parts that I wanted from all over the world...Also I havent install all of them yet because of the costs, so I dont want to have the same issues with the MPS.
    I am thinking of starting with the XEDE and maybe later change the turbocharger. All I want is some more torque because it feels like it doesnt start that fast with the bigger rims and wider tires.
    thanks

SRI, DP, and FMIC will give you more power, and you won't need a tune until afterwards.

All those are available in Australia, along with the XEDE (Produced by Chiptorque)

You can get an Interceptor (XEDE, Haltech or Standback) for around the $500 mark here in Aus. too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    SRI, DP, and FMIC will give you more power, and you won't need a tune until afterwards.

All those are available in Australia, along with the XEDE (Produced by Chiptorque)

You can get an Interceptor (XEDE, Haltech or Standback) for around the $500 mark here in Aus. too.
    Thanks mate
    You are right...I have forgotten about the FMIC...Its better to start with an SRI and FMIC. I can do these by myself so I wont have to pay for labour
    Where can I find a XEDE processor with 500 AUD?
    Thanks again

6. Default

Probably 2nd hand if you can find one. You want to purchase a H type XEDE, check for a H label between the 2 connectors. Otherwise it'll need an upgrade through ChipTorque which could set your back and extra $250.

Otherwise a new XEDE Processor kit can be purchased for $990 plus $15 delivery from ChipTorque.

Default Xede

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    Probably 2nd hand if you can find one. You want to purchase a H type XEDE, check for a H label between the 2 connectors. Otherwise it'll need an upgrade through ChipTorque which could set your back and extra $250.

Otherwise a new XEDE Processor kit can be purchased for $990 plus $15 delivery from ChipTorque.
    Thanks for this
    I just got an interceptor...Used...Whats the H label for? It was installed on a MPS3

8. Default

H identifies the hardware type of the XEDE, there are about 7 hardware variants, identified as the following: F / H / H12M / M / S / SD / T. If you get another model, most XEDE revisions can be upgraded to another hardware type for approximately $250 (conversion to H12M & SD models extra $105). This is only performed at ChipTorque Gold Coast.

Cheers, Leah @ CT