User Tag List

Thread: Scangauge does not read MAP accurately

Default Scangauge does not read MAP accurately

How can I get the Scangauge to read MAP accurately. At idle it's reading 3-4 PSI, full boost is 27PSI(2nd gear I think). Even if I consider atmospheric pressure of 14.5psi it still out. In the manual it states 50% of cars display MAP & 10% display fuel pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by mav2777 View Post
    How can I get the Scangauge to read MAP accurately. At idle it's reading 3-4 PSI, full boost is 27PSI(2nd gear I think). Even if I consider atmospheric pressure of 14.5psi it still out.
    Seems like it's displaying correctly to me.... Those figures are about right.

Blog Entries

If a car can't read the MAP it won't show it at all, hence why you might not get the Fuel Pressure reading at all.

I don't know where on the manifold the reading is taken(where the sensor is located)

I used to have this going on my ScanGauge but realised it is probably only a good thing to read if you get a major manifold leak and you can see it on the numbers, but if that happens then you will probably notice it haha

Thanks for the info, I was hoping it will read like a boost gauge.
    The MAP sensor is located near the bottom of the inlet manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by mav2777 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I was hoping it will read like a boost gauge.
    The MAP sensor is located near the bottom of the inlet manifold.
    It isn't too far off. For me it was just a matter of adjusting my mind to take into account that 14.7 PSI atmospheric offset. Take the MAP reading, subtract 14.7 and you'll get your boost/vacuum figure

To be honest I think the location of our sensors makes our MAP reading far more useful than that of a Boost Guage which is pipd much further out on the intake. MAP gives you a true indication of what your engine will see in the way of intake pressures...