Default Bald Tyres ! not even 40 k

Hi Guys,

just wanting some suggestions,
    mazda 3 mps gen 2, not even 40k and i think my tyres need replacing,

what would be the price bracket that is good,

one person has quoted me

Bridgestones - $384 each
    Kumho - $325 each

have no idea which would be a better tyre, and hopefully which ones i can get a longer life out of !!!

Thanks
    Tom.

40k isn't to bad, some here have had less than 20k out of their tyres.

KU36 seems popular from what I have read.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

As Andy said above, 40k is pretty good for the OEM tyres on the Gen II. they're a medium/soft compound "high performance" type tyre and as such will wear quite quickly, even without taking into account enthusiastic driving

There are a few threads on the forum detailing good tyre options for these cars. Search is your friend

Also be aware that a number of Gen II owners have experienced lower than average OEM tyre life due to stock suspension settings, most notably quite aggressive camber and toe setups that some cars seem to have set from the dealer. If you got 40k out of your set then your setting might be ok, but it's worthwhile getting camber and toe setting checked when you get your new tyres

Cheers,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

40 000?! What are you driving miss daisy?

I am on 16000k's on my stock tyres and am starting to look at replacement options. At BEST I think ill get another 5000 out of them (I have tracked my car twice tho, so mine are wearing faster than most will) 40 000 is practically unheard of out of those tyres.

What type of Kumho's are they advertising at $325 each? You can get KU36's for way less than that, more like $250 per tyre, they are probably the most widely recommended tyre on these forums.
    Last edited by Reedy; 21-03-2011 at 09:58 AM.

You got 40,000km from soft tyres on a high performance car? Well done. Definitely nothin wrong with your car. If you want longer lasting tyres I'd suggest Bob Jane Allrounders although you might consider Avons which are made from a special hard compound plastic that will last longer than your car. Seriously though Tom, you can't compare tyre wear on an MPS to tyre wear on a Mazda 3. You've done very well to get 40,000km from tyres on this type of car.

I got 17000 out of mine. Not happy!

My Sumitomo's are doing a lot better at the moment. 20000k so far!

You hoons ~34K for mine but check out here for more info

Sticky | how-long-did-your-original-bridgestone-re050s-last

agree you should be having a party if you are getting near 40,000 km out of the tyres.

I got 35,000 km and I was very happy with that.

Ok sorry guys and gals I got 35k double checked after not having car today !

I'm going ahead and getting Kumho KU31's, found a mate that works at a tyre shop and I'm getting them for $200 each, Inc balance, and getting a free wheel alignment ! Hopefully I should be sweet by then !

Thanks for all the informative replies, I love the site

Thankyou
    Tom

i just racked 39k (75% on freeway) and my left front and rear need replacing...right side still has decent tread on it.

Ahaha, 35k is still not bad!! U must drive like a softy Nah, i got close to 20k out of mine and it was game over. I got some Yoko s-drives that seems like its been doing a pretty good job over the stockos. I will probably try a KU36 next or even AD08 but they probably wont last for 15k

39K?

You have nearly twice the average then.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    39K?

You have nearly twice the average then.
    hha i just been reading the other tire threads..its making me look like i been driving Miss Daisy!!!!

You've done well getting that much out of them. My fronts were totally gone (rubber peeling off canvas!) around 31K and have put Kumho KU31's on and can't be happier, great performing tyre so far in dry or wet conditions.

Hey guys, theres a thread on the GenII tyres & tyre wear here:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...tyre-wear.html