User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Damage HeadLights

Hmm not good news, they said I'be opened the head lights... I don't even know how.

Chewvang

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    A sausage Isn't gonna break it.

Chewvang
    Depends how big they are....

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Hmm not good news, they said I'be opened the head lights... I don't even know how.

Chewvang
    Dont let em bluff ya!!!

I'm not.. they service dude here is pretty nice. Used to play volleyball with him. I'm just nit good under pressure.

Chewvang

Stop saying chewvang muthabracka.

Good luck with the fix

Yep sounds like they just don't want to do a warranty claim. Keep pushing.

It's good that you know the service guy there, but business is business at the end of the day. If you're in the right (and haven't taken apart your headlights previously) then you may need to get more forceful

Good luck, and hang in there

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still here, they are diagnosis the unit... gees there is water In there!! Done.

OK, turns out that the Seal between the two pieces of plastic is leaking and water go in. So it destroyed the whole HID unit. Basically... $2500 worth of damage....

Good new is that it is covered under warranty, Once i go in i'll see if i can get a photo of the damaged part.. now just waiting on parts.

Yowser!

Good thing you're not forking out for that yourself mate!

WD on sticking to your guns

Dan

I still dont get how it came across to 2500 worth of damages!! ? What did u do Simon!!

the whole light is $1800, + the bulb is $400.. plus extras..it's around the $2500 mark.

yeah man, not paying that!!!

the whole light is $1800, + the bulb is $400.. plus extras..it's around the $2500 mark.

yeah man, not paying that!!!
    ... Talk about OEM being over priced... That is nuts! thats just for 1, imagine for 2... U would be broke

Yep, that's Xenon's for you.

Just a shame you can't insure them separately from the car so you can qualify for free replacement like you can with additional windscreen cover on a policy (well you can't on my insurer anyway).

On a related note, anyone who has a Gen II Luxury should strongly consider additional windscreen cover if you don't have it already.

Replacing one of those bad boys is about a $2k excercise (due to rain sensors etc)

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    On a related note, anyone who has a Gen II Luxury should strongly consider additional windscreen cover if you don't have it already.

Replacing one of those bad boys is about a $2k excercise (due to rain sensors etc)
    WHOA!

2K for a windscreen??? that is nuts!

Last screen I had put in was $160... and the guy came to ME...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Well with teh bulbs, i know a member that has his own company and might be able to get better bulbs for a better price.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12