User Tag List

Thread: Corksport SRi on MPS6

Default Corksport SRi on MPS6

Hi Guys,

I have just attached to my MPS6 a Corksport SRi. It sounds absolutely wicked, louder then my mates WRX. But i was curious as to whether it needs a tune for fuel economy or if it is fine to take it with no tune at all.

Cheers.
    Chris

you dont really need a tune with an SRI but if thats the only mod your planning on doing, then get a tune to extract a bit more out.

most, including myself modded the MPS with most after market parts before getting a tune

fair enough. i was just wondering if the excess air would force more fuel in and run really rich

I'm about to do the same.
    Correct me if im wrong, but I got the idea that after a few weeks the ecu gets used to the SRI and just adjusts the ratio's so it's back to stock (or pretty close) AFRs in a short while.
    You then need a tune to adjust these targets, in order to get much more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure you reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes after the install, Then take it easy for the next 50k's or so to give the ECU time to learn the new fuel trims

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Just make sure you reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes after the install, Then take it easy for the next 50k's or so to give the ECU time to learn the new fuel trims
    Lol i so didnt take it easy

Yeah, neither did I when I first put mine in lol. I ended up d/c the battery again and let my co-worker and uni student drive for me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    Yeah, neither did I when I first put mine in lol. I ended up d/c the battery again and let my co-worker and uni student drive for me haha
    Does it really matter with it, because the cars computer is constantly learning, so it should alter it every 100-200k's. ive noticed it with my drive style. the car never used to let me spin up the wheels, now it lets me get spins on moderate accel before the rear wheels kick in for grip.