Nope

its ok wif the right settings.

dynamat superlite + JL clean sweep is ur friend

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    dynamat superlite + JL clean sweep is ur friend
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    I find I have to adjust settings for each cd I'm listening to and to me it sounds distant.

One of my workmates has the Bose Audio pack in his CX7 and he absolutely RAVES about it. I couldn't justify the extra spend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    I agree and make sure the front middle speaker turned off when listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyj View Post
    I agree and make sure the front middle speaker turned off when listening to music.
    I don't know why they even bothered putting that in. I never turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    One of my workmates has the Bose Audio pack in his CX7 and he absolutely RAVES about it. I couldn't justify the extra spend myself.
    Tbh that was one of the reasons I went with the Luxury. Yeah the stereo's good but I wanted fantastic which it isn't.

Must be a hatch issue, my SP25 sedan with Bose is amazing, as in, the Bass shakes the whole car amazing..
    Also, how could it be better? Go sit yourself in a Lexus with a 14 speaker Mark Levinson sound system, and then you have the deffinition of bollocks sound.

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Must be a hatch issue, my SP25 sedan with Bose is amazing, as in, the Bass shakes the whole car amazing..
    Also, how could it be better? Go sit yourself in a Lexus with a 14 speaker Mark Levinson sound system, and then you have the deffinition of bollocks sound.
    I pulled my sub out last night, just out of curiosity.
    I had a really heavy bass song on, bass cranked up to +6. Picked it up, held it in two hands, and it was hardly moving. The crappy sub for my computer packs more punch.
    I'm thinking bazooka bass tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Yeah somethings not right. Might have to do some research but really don't want to have to spend more dough.

I'm going to replace the headunit... but not sure if i want to get "branded" or Non branded... $2500 difference :P

but once i get that, i'll be able to change the sub without having to get a "converter"

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Yeah somethings not right. Might have to do some research but really don't want to have to spend more dough.
    Ditto. As space is an issue for me, I got a quote for a custom sub housing inside the spare wheel (would just raise the boot floor a little) and it was about 500 bucks + the sub.
    If you don't need space it's probably cheaper, just whack a boxed sub in there.
    I'm probably going to go with a bass tube to increase the bass, and probably mount it to a removable boot brace (corksport) then can just rip it all out if I need space.
    Food for thought.
    Let us know what options you find.
    Good luck

It's not just the bass issue, I still think the whole unit does not sound like I expected it to. Maybe my expectations are too high. I'm one of those people who can tell if someone has changed 1 setting on my home stereo.

I have no strong opinion. I stopped spending on stereos a long time ago.

As long as I have Bluetooth for my iPhone to use for music, I'm a happy camper

When I'm not listening to music on my iPhone, the radio is on AM. ABC News radio is the only way I have time to stay up to date with what's happening in the world, and I like staying up to date

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    It's not just the bass issue, I still think the whole unit does not sound like I expected it to. Maybe my expectations are too high. I'm one of those people who can tell if someone has changed 1 setting on my home stereo.
    You probably can't expect it to sound amazing, as it's OEM.
    What you should be able to expect in a 'premium' audio system in my opinion are: front speakers that don't crackle and distort under moderate load; and the sub to do most of the work making the bass (without having to crank the dial up), rather than having the speakers working overtime.
    Looks like we paid good cash for that amazing $1500 center speaker instead :P

And Caffeine Fiend: news is good, but every time I listen to it of late, I just hear about Libia, the UN, and get irritated. Then I tend to take my anger out on the accelerator. Lol

What does that centre speaker do anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    What does that centre speaker do anyway..
    I think the ideas is to make it sound like the sound is coming from the center console rather than emanating from all around. No idea why this is a good thing.
    Maybe it's better for voice- i.e. news?
    It might work ok if it were a really top line speaker, but it's a crappy little one so it just crackles if you play certain songs.
    And it makes the g-meter on my iPhone fluctuate, since the phone cradle us just above it, so maybe it helps with cornering. Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast