User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 2 Luxury Owners

[QUOTE=Lachlan;164087]Just drove an 05 ford falcon xt wagon for a week. Now I appreciate that the mps audio, while not perfect, is pretty bloody good for a stock system :[QUOTE]

Lol good point
    Last edited by Artemis; 30-03-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Just drove an 05 ford falcon xt wagon for a week. Now I appreciate that the mps audio, while not perfect, is pretty bloody good for a stock system
    Lol good point.

Yeah, I test drove the Renault Megane RS 250 Cup Trophee, I appreciated the MPS' audio alot more. Also, my friend has a MY10 WRX, and all I can say is, a Toyota Camry's stereo system sounds 10x better.

Quote Originally Posted by sikdailo View Post
    Yeah, I test drove the Renault Megane RS 250 Cup Trophee, I appreciated the MPS' audio alot more. .

Hahah the stereo in the RS250 is a joke…it even looks crap.

But the engine note within the cabin is pretty damn nice. Wish the MPS sounded like that!

5. Default

i sell cars as a job and can tell you ive listened to my fare share of factory 'premium' stereos - caprice, rockford fosgate in lancer, accord euro, the bose in gen 1 is alright but certainly not good, gen 2 is very reasonable, definately stacks up against the rockford fosgate in the lancer, overall im very happy - except for no USB!!!!

Yep, R1/2 fade, Bass +4/5 does it for me with radio and MP3 via HTC Desire Bluetooth (used more than radio)

I have centerpoint on atm but will give it go without and see.

But by far the best sounding is when you hit the OFF button in combination with the 'Fast' button

I am not happy with it either

I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-F20BT.

Guys who have installed before into Mazda's said you won't even recognise the old system. The headunit makes the Bose system work for it's namesake

If I'm still not happy I have a small amp and slimline sub on retainer!

Will let you know

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I am not happy with it either

I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-F20BT.

Guys who have installed before into Mazda's said you won't even recognise the old system. The headunit makes the Bose system work for it's namesake

If I'm still not happy I have a small amp and slimline sub on retainer!

Will let you know

Peter "SLIXX"
    Interested to get your feedback. There are a few other members that have replaced their head-unit the Pioneer or Clarion and they look quite good.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Interested to get your feedback. There are a few other members that have replaced their head-unit the Pioneer or Clarion and they look quite good.
    I'm getting it installed in the next few weeks. I'll update you on if the SQ changes

When I pull the sub out of the boot, it makes little noise and pretty disappointing. I didn't expect to shake the mirror off it mounting (my last car). But I was hoping for a bit of punch

I usually listen to podcasts or 1116 SEN Sport so as I have gotten older yes I have changed to AM. But every now and then I want to listen to a rockin track and it disappoints.

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Default AVICF-30BT in Gen 2

Really happy with this outcome. Have retained. VOL UP/DOWN, TRACK UP/DOWN, MODE BUTTON.

Better sound. Better NAV options. Ipod/Iphone connectivity direct and Video connections for my REV and Dashboard Apps to the OBDII port.

Waiting for the Kiwi PLXII Wifi OBDII reader.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_avicf30btiii.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	9725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_avicf30btiiii.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	9726  

Wow nice one, massive improvement from the ugly oem headunit.

When you say Rev App, you mean IPhone right? Are you saying the App appears on the screen via the IPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    When you say Rev App, you mean IPhone right? Are you saying the App appears on the screen via the IPhone?
    Yes the iPhone. The Pioneer unit has an APP mode which relays the video onto the screen. It looks great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Here is a photo of a unit I tested it with. It works the same in the car.

Name:	IMG_revapp.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	9727  

Here is one with DashCommand. Should have posted all together. My bad.

Name:	IMG_dashcommand.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	9728  

That's awesome. I bought the Dashcommand App a while back but haven't got the cable yet. About time I did that!!

You've just added to the already strong reasons to replace the head unit!! Thanks mate.

what model unit is that?

AVIC-F30BT I believe
    Should have the unit installed soon

I'll keep in touch Mike. We'll catch up soon

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123