User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Luxury Owners

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    What does that centre speaker do anyway..
    Centre speaker probably ok for listening to the news. I'd much refer listening to the car particularly since it has been nodded (exhaust, sri/tip).

Quote Originally Posted by mickyj View Post
    Centre speaker probably ok for listening to the news. I'd much refer listening to the car particularly since it has been nodded (exhaust, sri/tip).
    Ha ha. True that. Maybe the audio should only come on when your on cruise control. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Must be a hatch issue, my SP25 sedan with Bose is amazing, as in, the Bass shakes the whole car amazing..
    Also, how could it be better? Go sit yourself in a Lexus with a 14 speaker Mark Levinson sound system, and then you have the deffinition of bollocks sound.
    i have a sp25 sedan with the bose as well and i must say that it is sounds heaps better in the sedan than it does in the hatch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post

And Caffeine Fiend: news is good, but every time I listen to it of late, I just hear about Libia, the UN, and get irritated. Then I tend to take my anger out on the accelerator. Lol

Julia Gillard's voice does that to me. I swear I'd have broken my Sandown record if I'd have been on the track the other day when I heard her addressing the US Congress.....

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Tbh that was one of the reasons I went with the Luxury. Yeah the stereo's good but I wanted fantastic which it isn't.
    Same reason I went for the Luxury. I thought BOSE was suppose to be 'it' when it comes to audio, but my Honda Euro basic stereo sounds better and it doesn't even have a sub-woofer.

Perhaps I was expecting too much and trying to compare it to my previous Soundstream/MB Quart/Cerwin Vega combo and given the custom in-dash CD player, after market alternatives aren't really an option.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    I'm going to replace the headunit... but not sure if i want to get "branded" or Non branded... $2500 difference :P

but once i get that, i'll be able to change the sub without having to get a "converter"
    What options are available without breaking the bluetooth and audio controls mounted on the steering wheel ? I've looked and can't seem to find any that looks like it's meant to fit into that space.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Ahh Good Point,

Pretty much nothing won't break it but.... apart from the alpine unit from japan.. IT's around 1700 but it's in japanese :P. I'm talking to Alpine about converting the langauge but they're pretty shit with the communication. I only got a "no".

Not all hope is lost as i might be able to change the fonts, and add an adapter to enable the australian radio range. Seriousl this unit is the shit! but it's only in japan as Mazda australia decided that we didn't want this, (Don't start me on the amount of extras mazda Aus said no to)

The next best market brand is Pioneer one that's just arrived, Yes you will lose the sat sound on the unit but it has a build in Satnav that's wayy better. The ipod control of the unit is the best i've seen. I't s like a coverflow!. prob it's $3000 :P

if you like to keep on the cheap, then the caska unit is pretty good, it's a 7 inch touchscreen and you can order it from hong kong.. My Chinese connections got some information about them, but it's pretty much broken english instructions on the units so i've been sceptic about the display for the ipod. They are around the $600~$900 range. Best thing about them is the Easy of hacking them to change them (E.G you can change the maps system.)

I'll make a post about my findings soon, just need some solid checking first.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

ops..
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

I love the Bose sound... bass 6+ fader 2+ to the rear and let the bass shake the car... I suppose it depends on your music type, but for hip hop and rap, it compares to the 10" tube sub I had in my SP23

Ahh..check out this - http://www.mazda.co.jp/accessories/w...a.pdf?axela_cl

I tried to navigate the mazda Japanese web site and downloaded the options for the MPS (Axela in Japan).

Geeez..they have a huge range of extras. I think Mazda Australia is short-changing us

Their stereo/navigation system is a very expensive option but looks rather nice - YEN316000 = $AU3800 !

How good does their GPS look?

We got shafted in the accessories department.. having said that their biggest non-turbo engine is a 2.0 haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I love the Bose sound... bass 6+ fader 2+ to the rear and let the bass shake the car... I suppose it depends on your music type, but for hip hop and rap, it compares to the 10" tube sub I had in my SP23
    I tried that today, well slightly. Bass 2+, fader 1+ to the rear and sounded pretty good. Might play around some more.

When I am playing from my iPhone (Bluetooth) i think it's amazing !
    All my songs are the highest quality I can download and are synced to the iPod at the best !
    I love the Bose stuff and think the sub is plenty powerful !

I don't even think I have the settings changed !

Volume 41, Centrepoint OFF, Bass 5, Treble 3, Fader R2 works for me

im usually playing rnb, hip hop but i sometimes do switch to Nova or 2day FM.

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Ahh..check out this - http://www.mazda.co.jp/accessories/w...a.pdf?axela_cl

I tried to navigate the mazda Japanese web site and downloaded the options for the MPS (Axela in Japan).

Geeez..they have a huge range of extras. I think Mazda Australia is short-changing us

Their stereo/navigation system is a very expensive option but looks rather nice - YEN316000 = $AU3800 !
    Nice link naasif. Thanks for that.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Radio stations for headunits brought in Japan can be used here with exception that one cant read japanese and 97.3FM now becomes 85.3FM thats all about it

Its the power that will get you. They run a differnent wattage

At least one, if not all of those head units/displays are Alpine. So you may be able to source a similar model unit here or from the US

Tried... Alpine says no...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hey..this seems to work. I've got the bass at +6, treble +5, rear fade to +2, volume around 35-38, and it actually sounds more than half decent

The bass on some dubstep, "Skrillex - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites" shakes the rear view mirror
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Just drove an 05 ford falcon xt wagon for a week. Now I appreciate that the mps audio, while not perfect, is pretty bloody good for a stock system

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast