User Tag List

Thread: Strange Steering Noise. MPS6

Default Strange Steering Noise. MPS6

Hi folks. Out for a bit of a drive to the shops this morning, and noticed a strange sound from the front left when making a right-hand turn. Not your usual click-click of a CV on it's way, but a quieter, almost hydraulic gentle "wooshing" sound. Appeared to be one woosh per wheel rotation.
    The tighter the lock, the more obvious the sound.
    Checked lug tightness and no foreign matter in the wheel well.

Has anybody experienced this before, or can someone give me an idea of what it may be?

Car is going in for a stop smoking session soon, so I can have it looked at then if necessary.

Thanks.

I can't say I have had a wooshing sound, but when I first got the car the front sway bar was loose and I think worn, and it made an almighty clunk when turning over a sudden drop (ie. pothole). Might not be related though.

Wll my front p/s side spring has started to squeak over bumps a trip into Pedders is on the cards I think.

Is your turbo covered by the extended warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Is your turbo covered by the extended warranty?
    Not with a bloody great SS exhaust and DP hanging off it.
    In all honesty Fletch, I didn't even bother enquiring because I'd be pretty certain of the response, and I want to put a BNR replacement in anyway.
    I took the ext. warranty to cover me against pissy little consumables like power window motors, wiper motors and such like which can be a terribly expensive PITA when they bugger up. Glad you got your VVT sorted.

BTW, the wooshing sound was diagnosed and fixed by KMH001- the absolute master of mysterious noises. Thanks Mal.
    Turned out the CV boots were a bit hard/dry, and needed a squirt of silicone.
    Last edited by guitar69; 30-03-2011 at 04:51 PM.