User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torque for Android

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    try asking nicely?
    and they only work on gen 1's, not get 2's
    Incorrect, sorry. PID sets are manufacturer-wide. The mazda PID's I can read cover a very broad range of models. ANY mazda with OBD2 through to 2010 models.
    It is not really a question of does your device support the Gen2 PIDs.
    The question is how many of the mazda PID are supported by the Gen2.
    The vast majority will be exactly the same as Gen1 and it's unlikely the Gen2 has any new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    I tried opening a dashhawk log & Ezy flash log in excel but couldn't find any of the PID info for each perameter.
    Managed to modify the equations to give me a reasonably accurate display for kw and torque
    When I say data capture, I mean the raw serial data travelling over the wire, not the log files that are generated by software which will be different from vendor to vendor, and often try to hide proprietary information such as the HEX codes for the PID. A RAW data capture has to take place, then you have to isolate a single query and response, then analyze a capture of known PID definitions against a capture of mazda proprietary ones. The HEX code is highly likely to be transmitted "in the clear" over the serial --> OBD comms bus.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Incorrect, sorry. PID sets are manufacturer-wide. The mazda PID's I can read cover a very broad range of models. ANY mazda with OBD2 through to 2010 models.
    It is not really a question of does your device support the Gen2 PIDs.
    The question is how many of the mazda PID are supported by the Gen2.
    The vast majority will be exactly the same as Gen1 and it's unlikely the Gen2 has any new ones.
    i think a large number of the mazda specific PID's have changed from gen 1 to gen 2, alot of the things that work on a dashhawk on a gen 1, dont work on a gen 2

When I say data capture, I mean the raw serial data travelling over the wire, not the log files that are generated by software which will be different from vendor to vendor, and often try to hide proprietary information such as the HEX codes for the PID. A RAW data capture has to take place, then you have to isolate a single query and response, then analyze a capture of known PID definitions against a capture of mazda proprietary ones. The HEX code is highly likely to be transmitted "in the clear" over the serial --> OBD comms bus.
    er... what?
    i might leave that to someone that knows what they are doing
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i think a large number of the mazda specific PID's have changed from gen 1 to gen 2, alot of the things that work on a dashhawk on a gen 1, dont work on a gen 2
    Fair enough; that's fairly authoritive. In that case there'll be alternatives from the same mazda PID set. I would need to interrogate a Gen2 to discover what is different.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Fair enough; that's fairly authoritive. In that case there'll be alternatives from the same mazda PID set. I would need to interrogate a Gen2 to discover what is different.
    who in brisbane wants to offer theirs up for a little while?
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I knew what you meant. Was just saying that the data isn't contained within the logs

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

When i export the logged file to .csv and open with excel it seems to display the raw data with no equation applied. How can i apply the equation (mainly for abs load)? I guess A=raw value but whats the value of B?

Blog Entries

Just interrogated mine...
    There's a set of over 128 mazda proprietary PID that are supported by the Gen1 MPS. Almost all engine management systems, everything from BAT to variable valve timing. There's more that I haven't got access to at the moment without getting a professional workshop extension. That's a basic license + mazda extensions for ScanXL.

There's two interrogation modes, strangely : fast and aggressive. I did an aggressive scan in order to be sure it's found everything I can read.

One of the supported PID is MAZDA.ENGINE.ANTISCAN which makes me wonder if there's some kind of communications protection going on, and oddities such as MAZDA.ENGINE.UNLIMITEDKEYMODE which makes me wonder if there's a security mode that does not check or exchange ignition key codes. Not sure what that is, but caught my interest. Things that I can't access without buying a high spec license...probably quite a few, I suspect.

There doesn't seem to be any oil pressure, surprisingly. An on/off pressure OK but not a graduated sensor.

If it's necessary to reverse engineer the scan process, that's getting more complicated, but I expect once you've scanned it, it stays the same. There a possibility that ANTISCAN represents some kind of simple encryption key, I'm not sure.

I'llsee what I can find out about software data capture before I try tapping the data wires themselves

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Your database might store both the imperial and metric values alongside each other??? It seems to be a function of the OBD query to provide the answer in metric or imperial...

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    I knew what you meant. Was just saying that the data isn't contained within the logs

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

When i export the logged file to .csv and open with excel it seems to display the raw data with no equation applied. How can i apply the equation (mainly for abs load)? I guess A=raw value but whats the value of B?

There doesn't seem to be any oil pressure, surprisingly. An on/off pressure OK but not a graduated sensor.
    i wonder if this is why i found a sensor tapped into my sump with a plug that goes no where. The previous owner may have added it and had a gauge attached.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Blog Entries

I'll have a crack at capturing a known SAE value and a known mazda value with this in a day or so :
    Free Serial Port Monitor RS232 Communication Software Data Sniffer Analyzer

oohh might look at using that myself. have to grab a cable though. Wonder if a USB one will work withe the usb monitor program.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    oohh might look at using that myself. have to grab a cable though. Wonder if a USB one will work withe the usb monitor program.
    The serial port monitor seems to work with any COM port, be it a real COM port = 16550 UART, a USB adaptor or a bluetooth unit. If the PC communicates as though it's a serial port, software capture should be doable.

I had fun with mine on Friday, has a few issues, apparently i made 580.1 Hp at some stage during the night lol and also im hitting 32 psi but i think i might have to play with the settings.

My Air intake temp is 18 degrees does that sound right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I had fun with mine on Friday, has a few issues, apparently i made 580.1 Hp at some stage during the night lol and also im hitting 32 psi but i think i might have to play with the settings.

BAT_MZ is reported inversely and relative to the IAT, I believe.

BAT_DELTA = IAT - BAT_MZ
    BAT = IAT + BAT_DELTA

So, if IAT = 30 degrees, and BAT_MZ = 18
    BAT_DELTA = 30 - 18 = 12
    BAT = 30 + 12 = 42
    Last edited by Nexus; 03-04-2011 at 11:36 AM.

I think there is a setting you need to apply which subtracts 14.7 from the boost value so that would put you around 17.3psi?

If you've done a dyno run and know your max HP can you make your own HP calculator based on the MAF g/s. You just need to adjust the PID calculation to suit your car. I've also created one to display a live torque reading but i wont be able to confirm how accurate they are until i get back on the dyno in a couple weeks

my IAT has seemed fine...
    when moving down freeway it's ~2-3 more than ambient (when i press the little button on centre console... haven't worked out how to get ambient in torque yet)

between 17 - 18 is correct for boost tuned to about that.

What exactly is BAT_DELTA, and so on lol, im noob.

16. Default Kff1007

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    And if you allow torque to upload to it's own website you get this:

a list of "logs" or each session you've uploaded on the left. Google gps maps of your drive. and a breakdown of the logs below. With the upper part able to be a subset of the full view which is just below it.

And i'm pretty sure you can have more logged in the bottom section. (Not sure what that kff1007 is).
    Attachment 7941
    This is a log of your Compass Bearing. I don't know why it gets logged.

Blog Entries

between 17 - 18 is correct for boost tuned to about that.

What exactly is BAT_DELTA, and so on lol, im noob.
    Deltas are a mathematics term for the difference between two measurements. BAT_DELTA is the difference between the IAT and the BAT.
    BAT_DELTA is a calculation, not a PID. Sorry, I should make things like that a bit clearer, I guess.

I haven't gotten around to attempting proprietary PID capture, but I will get to it.

Regarding boost, there's two approaches. you can read the MAP - manifold absolute pressure Kpa - and subtract the BARO - barometric pressure - and this will give you a...delta. Your boost in +/- PSI is a delta calculation. It's the difference between barometri and manifold pressure. MAP - BARO and then convert to PSI. Alternatively some people might like to use "gauge pressure" for barometric - subtract 14.7 or 100Kpa, and don't bother reading what the actual barometric is.

P.S. That BAT calculation was necessary for me due to the inverted and relative reporting of the BAT_MZ PID. That's a mazda PID and not a generic one. I'm not sure why it reports the way it does,
    Last edited by Nexus; 30-04-2011 at 01:25 PM.

O lol, i was still thinking car terms at uni i just used 'change in' instead of delta lol, now all my engineering maths comes back to me arrrrhhh lol

So I am currently looking at getting a cheap android tablet for this exact reason, how have people been finding the Torque app? Would it be worth purchasing? All I want is some basic read outs that I currently have no access to

just to drag up this thread again
    there's been some updates to the app now...
    there is now a plug in that lets you video your driving and overlay the PID's on top of it

can also add google maps on top of it as well
    unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a way to export the video off my phone...

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

i tell a lie... if you copy the folder from the phone to computer, open in VLC and add the subtitle track, you get this:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast