User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torque for Android

Btw darkness, There is another Sysinternal tools that better then ProccessExporer, I forgot the name.

biggest problem i've had with torque is that the pids where changed on me, I had boost before the update, now it's vacum... anyone got the boost PID? Gen II. Also, who's tried using torque with wifi? is it faster?

Here is the Torque for Android file for you to download.

http://www.duglet.com/t145.apk

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Here is the Torque for Android file for you to download.

http://www.duglet.com/t145.apk

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    ooooh, I like this full version!

will have a play around this weekend, but think i might end up paying for a full version
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Blog Entries

Is there custom/proprietary PID access??

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Is there custom/proprietary PID access??
    yup, hence the values at the start of the thread
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    yup, hence the values at the start of the thread
    That's a tiny fraction of the available PID. There's a lot of mazda proprietary ones - I can read air-conditioner duty cycles and all sorts of stuff.
    It supports custom PID definitions, but does not natively support mazda PID, I guess. Boost air temp is one you'd want to read...I didn't see that there or am I not reading right???
    In theory it should be possible to capture and analyze data streams on mine and get PID definitions that work....
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

That's a tiny fraction of the available PID. There's a lot of mazda proprietary ones - I can read air-conditioner duty cycles and all sorts of stuff.
    It supports custom PID definitions, but does not natively support mazda PID, I guess. Boost air temp is one you'd want to read...I didn't see that there or am I not reading right???
    In theory it should be possible to capture and analyze data streams on mine and get PID definitions that work....
    ah, apoligies
    not sure about boost temp, havent looked for that one as yet,
    it mainly deals with the generic sort of PID's things like boost (psi)/intake temp/revs/speed (GPS or ODB2)/engine load/MAF rate/fuel econ

the paid version adds things like 0-100km/hr, 400m, torque/hp (not tried yet)

what doesnt work: ambient temperature (at least it doesnt on mine...)

Blog Entries

I am beginning to like the idea of utilising an iPed Android unit instead of the (expensive) Xenarc screen and PC I use now. Right now I can't use it because I've an issue with cabling interconnects that can't really hack the vibrational envioronment the control box in and now I'm resoldering it for the second time...

An android solution potentially just as versatile, lot less $.
    If you can read the HPFP fuel pressure, then you can read mazda proprietary PID, it's just a matter of sourcing a set of PID definitions.
    If it has the kind of dashboard markup (DashXL) capabilities that mine has, it's a much better commercial solution.
    The horsepower, torque PID are "virtual PID" calculations that the software performs with the actual PID that it reads from the OBD.
    <edit> these calc PID need an accurate set of constants defined - weight, rolling circumference of tyres, gear ratios, aerodynamic coefficient of drag, frontal area and a few other things to be accurate. </edit>

On mine these are expressed as CALC.PID_NAME. Normal PID as SAE.PID_NAME - Standard Automoive. Mazda proprietary as MAZDA.PID_NAME, and PLX devices can be accessed as AUX.PID_NAME, but that's an aftermarket sensor communication bus.

PID that are communicated on OBD should be able to be accessed using a PID definition set. You'll definately be able to read anything I can if someone compiles a communications definition set for the PID. I'd be amazed if someone isn't already doing it.
    Last edited by Nexus; 24-03-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

If you can read the HPFP fuel pressure, then you can read mazda proprietary PID, it's just a matter of sourcing a set of PID definitions.
    isn't that one of the PIDs i found on MSF?. it's a stupidly high number which I believe is correct for DISI. like 650-750 at idle. 1500-1700 at boost. what I'd like to find is knock retard.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    isn't that one of the PIDs i found on MSF?. it's a stupidly high number which I believe is correct for DISI. like 650-750 at idle. 1500-1700 at boost. what I'd like to find is knock retard.
    1600PSI @ WOT is it...
    Sorry, looks like HPFP fuel rail pressure is SAE. There's a whole lot that are mazda specific....at the moment the PC I am using hasn't done a PID verification, so I can't say how many of the mazda ones work, but I have 415 supported PID without interrogating the vehicle for mazda specific stuff, 1160 PID that _could_ be supported in total. Most of the additional 745 PID are mazda ones, there's a few SAE ones that are not supported by the _vehicle_ coz they're for diesels or redundant or whatever. Not all of the additional mazda PID are supported by the MPS.

<edit>
    There is
    79 out of 229 industry SAE values supported
    336 CALC values supported (+supported SAE = 415 value above) - that's exclusively the software I'm using, but there'll be some the same on the android software)

That makes for 595 mazda specific values, a lot of them engine management, many but not all supported by the MPS </edit>
    Last edited by Nexus; 24-03-2011 at 07:42 PM.

right. wish i knew more about that. I'd be keen to hook up my laptop and give it a whirl trying to read things.

there is a certain number of custom PID's, but there is none for mazda
    there is the option to ADD your own in... but as per the first post, you need to know the HEX code for what it is, the torque app doesnt know

Not sure if this has already been confirmed but Abs load, WARF & fuel pressure all seem to work on the 6MPS. IMAP didn't.

Unit type for fuel pressure should be PSI not %

in theory the IMAP and ambient temps should work...
    can you test ambient temp on your 6? see if it works...

Sure, I'll let you know.

I wonder if i can use the abs load PID and change the equation to calibrate it to show Nm of torque instead. I have a play around and see if i can get it close to my last dyno run (this would only be accurate in 4th gear i think)

Maybe i can also calibrate the MAF g/s to show my HP output?
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 24-03-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    you need to know the HEX code for what it is, the torque app doesnt know
    It might be possible to reverse engineer the HEX codes from other software by capturing the OBD data transfer, and having a look at what it sends and receives when software like ScanXL is in use with the full PID set.

Ambient temp doen't work on 6MPS

It might be possible to reverse engineer the HEX codes from other software by capturing the OBD data transfer, and having a look at what it sends and receives when software like ScanXL is in use with the full PID set.
    thats the thing, doesn't the dashhawk have custom pids for mazda? any way to get those out?
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    thats the thing, doesn't the dashhawk have custom pids for mazda? any way to get those out?
    try asking nicely?
    and they only work on gen 1's, not get 2's

I tried opening a dashhawk log & Ezy flash log in excel but couldn't find any of the PID info for each perameter.

Managed to modify the equations to give me a reasonably accurate display for kw and torque

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast