User Tag List

Thread: Shopping centre trolley dents

Default Shopping centre trolley dents

Hi everyone, this morning as usual went to buy some groceries in one of the Westfields, parked in a good looking spot with plenty of space. When I got back I noticed a dent on my door. Not sure if it was a trolley or a car. There are no scratches, just a small dent. Will this require respraying the hole door? Or is it possible to bump it out, since there is no damage to paint job?

If anyone had similar issues..what is the cost involved to get it fixed? I'm from Syd

Blog Entries

Sounds like paintless dent removal would do the job....if there's no damage to paint perhaps someone was clumsy with something else...cardboard box...who'd know....

where abouts in sydney are you based?
    might be worth sending cton a PM... he's a panel beater up around mona vale area

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    where abouts in sydney are you based?
    might be worth sending cton a PM... he's a panel beater up around mona vale area
    I'm from Rockdale area.

I don't really wanna respray the car. If paintless dent removal job will bring it back to original condition, that should do it...and probably doesnt cost as much.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Alright, I have just googled PDR (paintless-dent-removal) and have emailed my photos to the top 4 websites. Looks like they are all mobile and can come to me, which is good ) Hopefully they will provide me with reasonable quote.

Feeling the pain Brembo - had similar happen to my car last week at local shopping centre in Cairns (dent in middle of rear passenger door with paint scratched so is really noticeable). Local panel beater quoted $400 to fix and respray whole door or he said he can do dent removal with touch up paint for $150 - not a 100% but he assured me I would not be able to notice. Will be going with cheaper option as I suspect will need to do again in the future.

If you feel confident sometimes you can remove the inner door panel and massage the area with your thumb looking along the affected area (exterior) when you do it.
    The dent can pop out easy. All depends on the type of deformation the dent has caused to the metal and/or cracked paint etc to whether or not it needs to be professionally done

Here's a link to another post on this topic
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detai...eys-south.html

Appears that there is someone in your area that does a good job.
    Here is the details of the company just in case the link does not work
    DKC DentRemoval
    8 / 4 Ethell Road Kirrawee
    Ph 0418 601 809

I was going to try them for a dent in my door courtessy of a dumb bicycle rider but they are not open weekends and its a bit hard to leave the car that far a way on weekdays and get to work in N/Sydney.
    I'm still looking so let me know how you go
    Wal

It's shame that cars are made of such pissy thin metal now. They dent at the lightest touch.
    I have recently scored two minor dents on my LHR wheel arch where some undisciplined turkeys have opened their doors against it, no doubt thinking that "it doesn't matter". You can only see them in a certain light at a certain angle but the problem is I "know" they are there. Irritates the hell out of me. I never belt other people's cars, so why can't I be accorded the same courtesy. What's wrong with some people? I reckon the turkeys should all be taken out and gassed!
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Got that right Doug!! Just saw two dings right next one another on my left rear. Must be from parking at work as our spaces are rather narrow. I've never dinged someone else's car so I don't see the problem with these ppl

I haven't done it yet but if I see someone intentionally or carelessly denting my door, there will be a first size dent in theirs...no kidding! I don't care if its a Ferrari or what
    I park near old $500 cars all the time, they're covered in dents, yet I still don't hit theirs. It's common courteousy/respect for others belongings.
    I hate the stupid fat ladies at the building adjacent my work building, they used to take their smoko breaks (like 5 a day) and "sit and lean" on any cars near by (paid parking area)
    Although I never saw their fat buttocks touch my paintwork I saw them lean on other cars next to mine. I'm sure they did it to mine too.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Problem is some folks just live differently and don't give a rats. I even have some friends whose houses are a pigsty and whose cars reflect that. They slam their car doors, eat and drink in their cars and have sand and crap all over the insides of the cars and kids and dogs hand-prints and nose-prints everywhere. When they get in my car they try to do the same. When one of my mates gets in, he rips off the interior aluminized sunvisor from under the fixed visors and crams it over the back seat any old how, rather than fold it up zig-zag style neatly as I always do. I've had to replace it as the old one got all scrunched up and wouldn't sit right against the glass. When he puts stuff in the boot of my car or the tailgate of my Toyota, he dumps it in with no regard for the trim on the rear door edges or the interior and then slams the tailgate. When I chip them for it, they get all sniffy and look at me as if I'M the one with the problem, then say - "well it's only a car". I tell them "...this is how the resale value on my car is always better than it is on yours, because yours is a pig-pen and it's obvious no-one has cared for it, and also why yours is always giving trouble. And by the way, that's also for all the same reasons you dress so you look like you've been pulled through a hedge backwards and your hair is always uncombed and looks like a pound of candles !"
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm from Rockdale area.

I don't really wanna respray the car. If paintless dent removal job will bring it back to original condition, that should do it...and probably doesnt cost as much.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Alright, I have just googled PDR (paintless-dent-removal) and have emailed my photos to the top 4 websites. Looks like they are all mobile and can come to me, which is good ) Hopefully they will provide me with reasonable quote.
    Hey Brembo,
    How did you go with getting you dents fixed with a PDR mob ? Can you recomend anyone - I live in Inner West of Sydney ....

To cut a long story short .... Wife was driving my car to pick up son from daycare and some POS randomly stepped out in front of the car, my wife beeped to warn him, they had a brief verbal exchange and then the POS then punched my bonnet and has left 3 dents. So now I need PDR.....

Thanks ...