User Tag List

Thread: Vacuum hose length?

Default Vacuum hose length?

Just a quick question to see what others may have done, I have now installed two aftermarket parts (TIP and BOV) where the length of vacuum hose supplied seems to be too long (longer than the factory equivalent anyway), has anyone else found this and is it safe to cut this hose to a length that is just long enough to fit onto the nipple sleeve?

Which vacuum hose are you refering to? The one that connects the TIP to the boost control solenoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Which vacuum hose are you refering to? The one that connects the TIP to the boost control solenoid?
    Yeah I think so (not sure what the boost control solenoid is sorry!), it's definitely not the recirc hose, or the main intake section, its the hose coming off the top of the TIP. The stock one looked like it was about 5cm in length whereas the supplied one (silicon?) from cp-e is more like 10cm so it is more 'loopy' when in place. And same story with the turbosmart bov, seems to have excess length available. I would have thought having it as short as possible would be best but being a noob at the whole modification game I didn't want to make a mistake in testing that theory!

I had the CP-e and used the hoise that came with it, it never crossed my mind using the stock shorter hose. Have you check if the stock hose fits?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I had the CP-e and used the hoise that came with it, it never crossed my mind using the stock shorter hose. Have you check if the stock hose fits?
    Didn't occur to me either lol. Haven't checked but have a feeling it won't because of where the sleeve is located on the cp-e compared to stock (plus stock hose was rubber I think and very stiff).

I did try to use the stock hose for the dual port bov because the stock clamps wouldn't work using the supplied hose but no luck there as the rotating sleeve on the bov is smaller than stock so had to use the supplied hose (which is currently not clamped but am assuming it should be ok if just vacuum).

hose on the top of the BOV will get boost pressure so make sure it's clamped. If it comes off you won't hold boost and the bov might not open

hose on the top of the BOV will get boost pressure so make sure it's clamped. If it comes off you won't hold boost and the bov might not open
    Eeek, better get myself to an auto store soon! Bit frustrating that the stock hose doesn't fit the turbosmart bov.

Good excuse to pick up some other goodies while I'm out though......

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    Bit frustrating that the stock hose doesn't fit the turbosmart bov.
    Weird

Must be a MPS6 thing, my Turbosmart BOV bolts in fine in the MPS3 no need of changing any hoses.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Weird

Must be a MPS6 thing, my Turbosmart BOV bolts in fine in the MPS3 no need of changing any hoses.
    Sounds like it is 6 specific, the replacement hose was supplied so in that regard it was fine but surprised they didn't also provide hose clamps for it as the stock spring clamp is too large for the replacement hose.

I also had to swap the spring clamp for a screw type.

I also had to swap the spring clamp for a screw type.
    Yep, same here

Bloody picky MPS6s lol

Yes, you can cut the hose to length.

Unless it is an insane length, the length of either of the the vac hoses (BOV and boost solenoid) isn't critical. You can cut it to suit. Make sure it isn't crimped, or crushed by any ties you may use to secure it.