User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobb AP for Australia

1. Default Cobb AP for Australia

For the patient true believers I am happy to let you know that the Cobb AP for the Aussie MPS is back on the table. After a lot of reorganising of priorities as a result of the global mess, I have just heard from Christian who wants to bring this thing to a conclusion. Hoping to hear more soon so stay tuned

Nice!!!!

Anyone got contact details for Christian, I'd like to get involved.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Anyone got contact details for Christian, I'd like to get involved.
    I do mate. I am in direct contact, I have the AP, my ecu has been read and the maps are being prepared. My car is being used for testing and it will move forward from there. I can also confirm that Christian is really enthusiastic about this and is stoked that the project is up and running again. I will update on each step as this moves forward. That is the best I can do for now
    Last edited by Cosmic3MPS; 24-02-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Any chance you can ask if he wants more beta testers?

6. Default

This will happen after the concept is proven. I will post up a request for testers when we get to that point but for now it is a matter of making sure this works on the Aussie car. If you only knew what it took to get to this point with comments like 'this will never happen', 'Cobb is not interested in the Aussie market' etc you would appreciate the need for patience and perseverance. You are not the first to ask to be involved and I can appreciate that this is big news for the community. Please bear with me and when the time comes for wider testing I will try to accommodate genuine interest as best I can. Fair enough?

Hehe I remember that post on ozmazdaclub way back then.

Hooray for Cobb :P

I'm glad this is happening and I will buy one when they arrive.

It was following several emails from Cobb that I posted the "Cobb are not interested in the Australian market" comment in "another forum" - after getting nowhere I finally asked one of their sales reps and the response was - "no, we're not interested".

If this happens I WILL BUY ONE - bring it on

10. Default

Appreciate your comments and your interest. This will happen and I hope you are pleased with the outcome. It became a pet project to challenge what seemed impossible and to go against the tide of opinion. It is probably fair to say that Cobb's interest in the Aussie market is directly proportional to the Aussie market's interest in Cobb. So thanks also to those who chimed in to offer support on the Cobb boards and elsewhere.

Update? When can I get my sweating palms on one?

12. Default

Latest news from COBB (email received today):

'. . . We just finished up some updates yesterday that will allow me to tune your vehicle. Although, I need you to see if you can update the firmware on your AP? Would you please try that for me and let me know if this works?

If not, I will need you to send in your AP so we can replace it with a more universal model. One that works on all USDM, AUDM, JDM, etc. models. This will be very quick. We need to progress with this project quickly.

As soon as you have an updated AP in your hands, you can use it to take datalogs, the I can make you map revisions to get the car performing well based on your local fuel qualities.

Take care,
    Christian.'

Good news buddy... keep us posted.

I know its only testing atm but any feel for RRPs?

Blog Entries

Wow that sounds very impressive!

Damn I need to win the lotto and buy a MPS and do some of this stuff to it

So after all the drama of the past few days, is there any word on whether or not they will finish getting the AP to work with our cars?

Did I miss something? What Dramas are we referring too?

EQ

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    Did I miss something? What Dramas are we referring too?

EQ
    I believe this EQ
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...velopment.html
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

there ya go! I go off-line for a few days....

20. Default

Cobb have publicly apologised for this brain fart and development will continue. Latest hiccup with development here is the unit supplied is too old to download the new firmware so I need to return it and receive the latest version before testing can begin. Stay tuned . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast