User Tag List

Thread: help with bc coilover height adjustment

1. Default help with bc coilover height adjustment

So I just spent all day putting in my bc coilovers..horrible job. Some of the bolts u have to undo are in ridiculos spots..i wanted to go very low..so we wound the rear coilover all the way down in the strut..set the spring adjustment 20mm from the the bottom of the thread and the gaurds are still 2 inchs from my 20 inch rim. I thought coilovers could lower the car to a very low height. Where can I get more adjustment if the strut is as short as it can be.?? Help please

Hmm.. That sounds strange. Do you
    have 'BR' type BC Coilovers? I have BC BR's on my Gen 1 and I'm sitting about the same height from arch to top of rim but have plenty of adjustment left to Lower more.

Did you drop the car back to ground level, off the stands?

Here's your problem

Do you have a 3 or 6? Gen 1 or 2?

Have you let the handbrake off since letting the car down?

More details please.

BC Coilovers are renowned to only drop the rear about "flush" with the wheel guard at maximum drop. And that is with the rear spring collars removed entirely. Adjusting the strut does nothing in relation to the height/drop of the car, the strut is only there for preloading the spring. According to your situation now, you need to wind down the spring as low as it goes, if that is not low enough for you, remove the bottom collar out of the two, that will give a further approx 1cm. Unfortunately the BC coilovers just dont go low for the rear, if you want it to go lower, your going to have to order shorter springs. The front however you can adjust it soo low that its basically rubbing the ground/.

With my H&R's i had to take the rear collars out. this lowered about 40mm total