User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New MPS6 owner in Perth

i love the R31s

the RB30 pulls like a tractor too!

Ice

rb30 pulls like a forklift you mean... hehehe... In fact they're almost as much fun in a forklift as they are in a '31, hehehe. Almost.

Anyhoo, todays developments are, and against all advice lol, that I've ordered a set of King Superlows for the mazdak.
    Can anyone tell me whether or not I'll need camber arms for this? Or should the stock camber adjustments wind out enough for it?
    $120 an end, I figured it ends up a cheap enough set of springs.

Went 4x4'ing last night with it out past the Canning Weir, was entertaining traversing sump-killing boulders and ruts in the darkness, the bird I was taking out stargazing thought it was an epic run... Bogan girl at heart, thought I was a great score taking my shiny red sports car down all the watershed tracks. Who needs low range when you've got torque? :P Once the cars low however, that'll be the end of that. I've got a set of AT radials I want to trial fit on some 16's before I go low though...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    rb30 pulls like a forklift you mean... hehehe... In fact they're almost as much fun in a forklift as they are in a '31, hehehe. Almost.

Anyhoo, todays developments are, and against all advice lol, that I've ordered a set of King Superlows for the mazdak.
    Can anyone tell me whether or not I'll need camber arms for this? Or should the stock camber adjustments wind out enough for it?
    $120 an end, I figured it ends up a cheap enough set of springs.

Went 4x4'ing last night with it out past the Canning Weir, was entertaining traversing sump-killing boulders and ruts in the darkness, the bird I was taking out stargazing thought it was an epic run... Bogan girl at heart, thought I was a great score taking my shiny red sports car down all the watershed tracks. Who needs low range when you've got torque? :P Once the cars low however, that'll be the end of that. I've got a set of AT radials I want to trial fit on some 16's before I go low though...
    Hey I had race suspension in my old ute, It didnt detter me and My missus going for the odd Cruise out Pickering brook.. made for good time but just had to be cautios of BIG rocks.

Trial fit some wheels today, if I'm going to go this route I'll need to bore out the centers as nissan hubs are too small. But this is the idea I'm wanting to go with (Only the fronts on, obviously photoshopped the rear on in this picture.) Will need massive guard work to fit the 9"s in the rear. That's not a bad thing.
    And yes, the lettering is definitely on the cards too. Angry mazda kgo. Springs are ordered too, should be low in a week or so.

Also maybe flares? :P

Last edited by MadAussie; 27-11-2011 at 10:23 PM.

to the indian fella in the last pic

oh he's just a slave.

you going to need some serious wide body kit for those rims mate.... even veilside will look at you funny lol :P

I seriously need to make an actual showcase thread instead of my hello I'm Aaron thread, but meh, once it's a bit more together I'll do that.

So anyway, secured myself a set of Rays/Nismo LMGT1's (picture above) in 17x8 +35 all around. NISMO stickered on the fronts, RAYS on the back. Probably going to lose the nismo labels off them, and get new rays stickers done up.
    As far as smaller wheels on it, F*ck the haters, it's going to look angry with the disks completely filling the rim, and good track rubber is cheaper in 17 than 18's And no no no to body kits, especially veilside kits... Don't want my car to look like it's been melted in a microwave.
    Depending on the tyres I opt for, I'll paint up the lettering to make the overall wheel look larger. Obviously if I put ling long long lasts on there I'll wait in that respect.

Pics will come when they've got rubber, and have been fitted up..

Different. I like

Cheers man Rims went off for bore machining today, picked up my King Lows last night. Should all be getting put together in the next few days

Should come on the cruise this Sat night - http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...se-coffee.html

Nothing special - first leg takes on the very original Freeway north to Hillarys route.

It's more of a quick catchup before Xmas than anything, but be good to meet another MPS owner and a Antilagger

Yeah might be keen for that actually
    Will see if the rear cradle is out of the car or not that evening, lol
    Would be nice to get the land barge out with some others for a few photos

Erk, apologies for not showing on le cruise last night dude, ended up having the folks up from down south, so getting on the bottle happened instead :P

Had an interesting feeling today with the car, almost made me thing the clutch was slipping in second. Although I've played in higher gears and such, and it doesn't seem to have issues. Might be a bit of paranoia, I'm not sure.

Here's another pic anyway, just because

Last edited by MadAussie; 19-12-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Update

Wheels are machined, two repaired, fantastic job done on them. Sorry for the crap iphone photos. The last one I've got here is a quick chop of it lowered, I've got the springs sitting next to me here to go in... These wheels will make a lot more sense when it's lowered

Was gonna reply on the AL thread...but CBF'd.

Looks awesome. very track spec.

You need tint though...bad.

My COBB intake rocked up over the holidays, massive thanks to IceValk85. Only guessing from the 'seat-of-the-pants-dyno', but it feels like its picked up some torque, or at least opened up the power band slightly. Pulls harder and makes some entertaining noise.

Yeah, you've been missing out for a while!

Finally I've seen - or in fact heard - the light

So now she's not sporting tractor-spec ride height

Five hours, a bottle of whiskey, and the king springs are in. Yet to be done is the RSB and the diff mounts, but the mounts are still in the mail. So thats the next job.

After that, tint probably.

So these arrived today...

I excite@!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast